What are your goals for 2013?

Options

Replies

• F_Chord
    F_Chord Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    By March-April I would love to reach my goal weight [45 kg] and mantain it!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    In 2013 my number one goal is to reach my goal weight (130 pounds) and maintain it!
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    continue to strive to be a better person- ( have a bad outlook of the world, makes me unhappy)
    get down to 8-10% bf by summer time 2013
    keep learning by undertaking qualification in my spare time via distance learning.

There my main 3 goals or next year.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Decrease 2% body fat, work on strength training and be ready for the next Tough Mudder! (missed the last one)
  • leelaa
    leelaa Posts: 33
    Options
    Hopefully to reach 140-145 lbs and to start and stick with some sort of exercise routine. Then buy new clothes to reward myself!
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wanted to lose 84 pounds from July 26th of this year until the end of 2012 (average of 4 pounds per week). Have accomplished that with 2 weeks to spare.

Intend to lose 150 pounds in 2013 (average of 3 pounds per week).

Will include lifting weights once my weight drops below 350, and continue adhering to MFP.
  • FitGoal165
    Options
    My goals are to get down to 165 pounds, take 2 inches off of my waist, consistently keep my sodium consumption under 2,000 mg, and to be able to run at 6 mph for 4 minutes...without feeling like I am going to die.
  • jendy67
    Options
    I am going to become a much healthier person in 2013.
    I will achieve this by exercising 5 days a week.
    Eating well
    and enjoying life more.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    To get under 200 (i'm at 207) and never return. By next xmas tyo be at goal weight 135. From there to maintain. Eatting right,fitness and managing stress should get me there.
  • DeirdreMum8
    Options
    ~ Loose last 5 and maintain, 125lbs size 2/25 jeans.
    ~ List and sell current house, do a good job managing new home build
    ~Get my teenager up to speed and engaged in his work
    ~Potty train the youngest
    ~plan lots of fun dance nights and parties to keep me motivated for looking/feeling good
    ~add weights to weekly routine even more.

:flowerforyou:
  • uk_ja
    uk_ja Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Run my local Marathon Oct 2013 - Started increasing my mileage, back to 5k daily this week
    Reach 10% Body fat - Nutrition back on track and my mileage will ramp up which will help with this
    L Sit to Handstand pushup to Planche push up - Started Static holds/ core work
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have many different goals:
    1. Get down to at least 250 pounds (need to lose 36 pounds for that)
    2. Lower my body fat by 5%
    3. Go down at least 1 clothing size
    4. Be able to walk a 5K in under 30 minutes
    5. Begin lifting more heavily on a regular basis
    6. Continue working towards my Bachelor's degree in Psychology
    7. Finally be with my fiance again and start my life with him
    8. Be the fittest bride that I can be at the time
    9. Work out at least 4 days a week
    10. Stay motivated and/or positive
    11. Stop unhealthy snacking
    12. Begin to eat cleaner

Along with many other things :)
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Finish round 1 of Insanity, bulk up a bit with Chalean Extreme and then complete another round of Insanity. I think I can hit my goal of being in the 130s.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I started this whole healthy me plan 4 weeks ago but my aim is to continue!

I want to be a healthy weight by my birthday in June. No more obese!

I want to like myself and make the time to do all the girly stuff like hair and make up.

I want to finally get consistent about taking my vitamins.

I want to get strong both physically and emotionally.

I want to keep logging my food and stay involved with the community side of this site as that is really helping me.

I want to have a positive view of myself.

This sounds like a great plan =)
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Run a marathon
    Decrease my bf % by at least 6 % (want to get to 20% or just under)
    Get my weekly running mileage up to 20 miles (do 10 miles per week at the mo)
    Start a new heavy lifting programme and pack on some more lean mass
    Keep my calorie tracking flexible (not obsessive)
    Maybe do a handstand pushup or two
    Do at least 10 pullups on the trot (can do 5 in a row between rests now)
    Complete my first triathlon in the summer
    Get to lots of music gigs
    Save some money so we can all get to a proper holiday (been building sheds and converting lofts this year ugh!)
    Start reading more again
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What are your goals for 2013? When are you starting and what are you doing to achieve those goals?

Basically to improve all my lifts. I think a 500 lb deadlift is possible in 2013. Started lifting seriously about a year ago. First with Starting Strength and now with Wendler's 5/3/1.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    1. Lose 70lbs

2. Be more fit and healthy

3. New Job

4. Using MFP along with my great MFP friends for support and motivation

5. Saving money
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Keep on keepin' on.
    1. I'd like to reach my goal weight before 2013 is out, but losing weight sustainably is more important to me.
    2. If/when I reach my goal weight, then eat sustainably at maintenance with my healthier habits firmly in place.
    3. Continue with my exercise and weightlifting. I'm doing a virtual ride (on my Magne-Trainer stationary mini-bike) around the equator -- at my current pace I expect to reach the longitude of Easter Island in February 2013. By the end of 2013 I hope to be halfway between the Austral Islands and Samoa. Inspiration for this came from Sumit Basu's Virtual Ride Across the United States: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdniSABzvFc My ride will take me close to six years to complete -- which I hope to do shortly before I turn 60.
    4. Continue doing what is needed of me as a caregiver, including taking care of myself.
    5. Experience (and complete) my first course taken through Coursera (free online learning). In my case it's a course in neuroethics. I'd like to fit in more online courses as well.
    6. Keep my creativity and sense of wonder in good working order.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    To look absolutely shredded by the summer.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    1. Arrive at goal weight. Original goal was to lose 70 lbs, so I'm right at the halfway point. However, it's possible my goal weight will change as I get closer.

2. Run a 5k, run the whole thing, and finish under 30 minutes.

3. Find a way to budget to quit my current gym and join the YMCA (I took a tour yesterday and I'm love-struck).

4. Learn to swim.