is there a time when we just can not lose any more weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    How low have you gone and for how long were you on those calories before changing your diet up?

Well in the beginning I did the whole "not eat calories back thing at 1200cal thing" and per my HRM I was burning between 800-1000 cals a day so netting an average of 200-400 a day. For 9ish months.

Have long have you been on a caloric deficit for without a break of more than a couple of days?

April 2011.
    I have upped my calories to 1600-1800ish though as my TDEE is supposedly around 2300-2500.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How low have you gone and for how long were you on those calories before changing your diet up?

Well in the beginning I did the whole "not eat calories back thing at 1200cal thing" and per my HRM I was burning between 800-1000 cals a day so netting an average of 200-400 a day. For 9ish months.

Have long have you been on a caloric deficit for without a break of more than a couple of days?

April 2011.
    I have upped my calories to 1600-1800ish though as my TDEE is supposedly around 2300-2500.

Have a read of this. I think a diet break of about 2 weeks would actually help. The article goes into the reasoning behind it.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    It's probably the heavy lifting. Have you gone down a few sizes? Maybe try lifting heavy twice a week, and add an extra day of HIIT cardio.

I feel your frustration, it's the same for me and I have a long way to go until goal. I have back issues and have been ordered to cut out heavy lifting for now, so I expect to see a dip in my scale weight. But I have a nice point of reference in that I have been at my current weight before, but also 2 sizes bigger as I had more body fat. It's give and take.

Yeah, gone from a size 16 to a 12 at the same weight.

Then why even complain? I sure wouldn't if I wasn't dropping pant sizes & not weight. Weight isn't all that important if u have low body fat %
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If there is that point. . .it;s not at 170. Think about those people who get 80-lbs. Is it easy. . .no, but possible.Is there a limit? Not sure, but it would be a pretty low weight.

Those 80lb people have also starved away their muscle, some bone density. Things to keep in mind.

the OP asked if there was a point where people stop losing WEIGHT and at 170 yes she can lose more weight. No one has lost the ability to lose weight at 170lbs. Maybe lose fat depending on current BF%, but weight, yeah that can still go down. Maybe she would be sacrificing bone density and all that jazz, but it is still WEIGHT as she asked about losing. I'm not recommending go for it, just saying she still has the ability to lose at 170.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    If there is that point. . .it;s not at 170. Think about those people who get 80-lbs. Is it easy. . .no, but possible.Is there a limit? Not sure, but it would be a pretty low weight.

Those 80lb people have also starved away their muscle, some bone density. Things to keep in mind.

the OP asked if there was a point where people stop losing WEIGHT and at 170 yes she can lose more weight. No one has lost the ability to lose weight at 170lbs. Maybe lose fat depending on current BF%, but weight, yeah that can still go down. Maybe she would be sacrificing bone density and all that jazz, but it is still WEIGHT as she asked about losing. I'm not recommending go for it, just saying she still has the ability to lose at 170.

I realize that, and was trying to make the same point you were, as muscle and bone density is WEIGHT and not FAT. Calm down.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Why would you care more about your weight than how you look?!
  • RegalSeagull
    Options
    Why would you care more about your weight than how you look?!

This. Exactly. Being upset about not losing "weight" when you are losing inches and looking better is kind of looney.