Biggest Factor in your Weight Loss Journey.... GO!

Options
124»

Replies

• ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Exercise.
    I went from working at my desk job & going straight home and laying around all night (shopping was basically my biggest work out...) to getting a gym membership and working out about 4 times/week burning about 300 cals each time (Working to eventually be able to burn 500+ per workout). Doesn't sound like much but that extra 1200 cals burned per week is really helping me shed stubborn pounds I could never get rid of. Now I can't imagine my life without fitness!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eating at a caloric deficit
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Sustainability

With respect to food, it's ditching processed products in favor of whole foods (especially fresh fruits and vegetables) and having everything available whenever I need it -- including traveling with a mini-cooler.

With respect to exercise, it's purchasing my Magne-Trainer mini-bike so that I can exercise at my desk, and having everything I need (water, towel, weights, music) within arm's reach.

Sustainability also means flexibility: persevering through schedule changes, plateaus, setbacks, etc. It means patience and reminding myself that no matter what my day brings, I am living healthier now than I had been before. That in itself is a NSV.
  • BeautyBMe
    BeautyBMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Logging and exercise.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    MFP is definitely the biggest factor, along with all the knowledge that I have gained about calories and nutrients.
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Logging EVERYTHING in a food diary and measuring everything!!!!