1235»

Replies

• kos1472
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Everyone needs support. :tongue:
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you eat nutritiously and still have a snickers that works. If your diary is full of junk food - even if you are under cals, that doesn't.

I've lost over 100 lbs and still have another 100 to go. My best advice start eating as clean as possible now. Enjoy your treats, but not every day.

This has to be a lifestyle to lose the weight and keep it off.

Good luck!

I eat what I want and its working for me..I obviously don't eat candy all day because I won't have energy and that's a fast way to diabetes,but I eat "nutritiously" When I want,junk when I want....Its working for me.

I HONESTLY believe that people go on and off their "diets" because they feel restricted.I am not on a "diet" I am in the process of changing my eating,exercise,and life.Doing things SLOWLY works for me.In 2 days I will have lost 16 pounds my first Month.I was NEVER hungry,tiered,or Missing ANY food.I barely exercised.

I know All about nutrition.Most of us do,but this is MY journey.Happy to see that you were successful on yours.

I am slowly trying new foods,recipes and,exercises while still enjoying my Journey with my SNICKERS!!!!! ;) Some things I implemented into my plan others I tossed.I found 3 new veggies that I liked this Month and Sugar free coconut ice cream that was gross.I danced around my house a little more.It was not the TORTURE that I usually face while trying to lose weight.
  • mambagirl
    Options
    Oh yes..My PANTS fell off in the grocery store today so I'm doing something right ;)
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Friend me, if you like. I'm not judgemental and try to give support. My food diary is open to my friends only, but if you were to take a peak at mine you won't see salads and various other rabbit food. I eat how I want (with nutritional values in the back of my mind). Just the other day I had two Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, I didn't even set a goal to work off those calories the next day.
    My point is, we're all here with individual goals ("I wanna lose weight", "I need less sugar in my diet", etc) but we're here on this site for one main goal ("I can't do this alone" or "I dont want to do this alone").
  • ctj101502
    Options
    not sure if I am judgemental? I can't handle the talk of snickers w/ o wanting one myself, so i am not good reading continuous posts about junk that was eaten. Once in a while sure, often, I would endup caving since I have a food addictin problem
  • debhema
    debhema Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't judge. I eat choclate everyday. Life without chocolate would not be fun.
  • shosh413
    shosh413 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    heyyy :) im non-judgemental! lol u can be friends with me if u'd like :)
  • mambagirl
    Options
    not sure if I am judgemental? I can't handle the talk of snickers w/ o wanting one myself, so i am not good reading continuous posts about junk that was eaten. Once in a while sure, often, I would endup caving since I have a food addictin problem

Hi! I don't post what I eat in the News feed..I just track it in my Diary so if people click on it ..Beware!!!! It may not be full of veggies ;(

Glad that you know what you can handle though ;)
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Looking for MFp's who are more supportive and less judgemental.I just started right before Thanksgiving and I'm down 8lbs.I have 100+ to lose.At the moment,my focus is on counting my calories.There will be a time when I am eating 80% clean,drinking 12 cups of water,and exercising 90 minutes a day but this is not that time.I never go over my calories.I drink my water everyday but I dont track it on here and I dont exercise regularly.I eat SNICKERS bars!

This is my journey and I know what I can handle right now.I plan on eating more clean foods gradually.I rarely go over my sodium and I do eat my fruits and veggies everyday but I don't eat a certain amount..just the amount that I want.

Just looking for supportive people..NOT the food Police.

I'm always open to suggestions like "Maybe you should try XYZ." Not- "That SNickers is how you got fat in the first place."
    Don't worry about food police. I'm not that type of person.

I have Type 2 Diabetes, but I can still enjoy some of the sweets as long as I watch how much I eat. Don't deprive yourself. Whatever you do, don't listen to anyone but yourself. This journey belongs to you, so you should handle it however works best for you, not for everybody else. What works for me may not work for you, so just stick to how you're doing it. :wink:
  • nondomesticgoddess
    Options
    Love your post!

I'm a week new to the site and I'm also looking for friends who are supportive but realistic. I want to teach myself to eat healthier while still enjoying the occassional burger, slice of pizza or yes...snickers bar!

I started off slow my first week. I had several fast food/restaurant meals, but tried to plan ahead of time so that I could do lower calorie meals the rest of the day and stay under my goal. I cut out soda and sweetened drinks. I lost 7 pounds.

This week I'll add in consistent exercise.

Feel free to "friend" me if you need additional support ... I would encourgage you to use the food diary. It is really helpful. I know it will be instrumental in my success. You do not have to make it public. However, I keep mine open because it helps me stay accountable.

Best of luck to you!
  • dmhorton80
    Options
    I think we are all here for the same reason so why judge? Add me if you would like. We can all use support while doing this.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate and drink beer~all in the same day! Horrors! Would love to be added as a friend!:smile:
  • mowree
    mowree Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You're liable to see alot of junk food in my food diary. It I eat it...I log it...usually.
    What you eat is NONE of my business. Feel free to add me.
  • cue_chik
    cue_chik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    friend me if you want. i'm not a food police, in fact i fully understand that some day those candy bars need to be shown who's da boss :laugh: in fact i have a once a month planned terrordome style showdown with gummi bears.

Bwahaha... I'm sooo sending you a friends request!
  • mochalishious
    mochalishious Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    No judging here. If you read my diary you will see I eat my junk food. I just do it in moderation. I think moderation is key. Eat as best you can, exercise & drink plenty of water. You will be fine. At the end of the day you know what you should or should not be eating
  • Thickhoney
    Options
    Hi! Add me! Add me! I am not about judgement, but about giving and finding support. Do your thing superstar!
  • csea10
    Options
    I need a few friends too, please add me.
    I won't judge. Others may add me too. Thanks
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    This is so me! I'm not always good at eating clean, and I do allow myself a treat once in a while!
    I want to lose weight but It's a struggle and I'm not very good at it. Still doing my best though!
    I am definitely NOT the food police :laugh: Feel free to add me :)
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Looking for MFp's who are more supportive and less judgemental.I just started right before Thanksgiving and I'm down 8lbs.I have 100+ to lose.At the moment,my focus is on counting my calories.There will be a time when I am eating 80% clean,drinking 12 cups of water,and exercising 90 minutes a day but this is not that time.I never go over my calories.I drink my water everyday but I dont track it on here and I dont exercise regularly.I eat SNICKERS bars!

This is my journey and I know what I can handle right now.I plan on eating more clean foods gradually.I rarely go over my sodium and I do eat my fruits and veggies everyday but I don't eat a certain amount..just the amount that I want.

Just looking for supportive people..NOT the food Police.

I'm always open to suggestions like "Maybe you should try XYZ." Not- "That SNickers is how you got fat in the first place."

I'm sorry to hear if you've received negative suggestions like the one you mentioned above. Definitely not judgemental here. Please feel free to add.
  • Hoover42
    Options
    No reason for any of us to be judgemental. We're all here for pretty much the same reason. No matter when you started, or how you go about your diet, you are to be commended for even taking that first step!! I've been using this site for about 10 months, have lost 80 pounds and cheat constantly!! But....whatever I'm doing is working!! Good luck to you!!!:smile: