Jessica Simpson What's your take?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I don't recall every hearing someone pick on her weight, but I could be missing something since celebrity gossip isn't my thing.

WOW, you must have missed all of 2011ish :laugh:
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't recall every hearing someone pick on her weight, but I could be missing something since celebrity gossip isn't my thing.

and 12ish since she had a baby
  • Timetolose2012wendy
    Options
    1. I agree with you - she is real because she admits she has a problem with her weight. Other celebrities don't mention the fact that they have problems losing weight (another one is Kirsty Alley).
    2. That being a food-aholic is harder than drugs or alcohol because you can't just NOT eat! So it is like telling an alcoholic to just drink one drink every day- and be happy with that.
    3. I would also use anything at my disposal to lose weight and if that means hiring a whole slew of people- so be it. The "real-ness" comes from being real about your situation. She is real about struggling with weight. She just is like the rest of us- but a lot richer :o))
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that, too! I was thinking of her in those high waisted jeans...pssht!
  • MissCarter79
    Options
    1. I agree with you - she is real because she admits she has a problem with her weight. Other celebrities don't mention the fact that they have problems losing weight (another one is Kirsty Alley).
    2. That being a food-aholic is harder than drugs or alcohol because you can't just NOT eat! So it is like telling an alcoholic to just drink one drink every day- and be happy with that.
    3. I would also use anything at my disposal to lose weight and if that means hiring a whole slew of people- so be it. The "real-ness" comes from being real about your situation. She is real about struggling with weight. She just is like the rest of us- but a lot richer :o))

That's what I was getting at! She likes to eat good stuff/bad stuff depending on who you are. She isn't thin all the time, she has struggles!
  • MissCarter79
    Options
    Yeah, that, too! I was thinking of her in those high waisted jeans...pssht!

IKR!?
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I think she is far, far from being the fat girl. She may weigh twice what Jennifer Aniston weighs but I'd be surprised if she is more than a size eight. Size zero is the norm for celebrities, and anything bigger than a four is suspect.

I don't know about you, but if I was a size four my friends would be having some serious talks with me. Celebrity fat is far, far different from real world fat. If that makes any sense.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options

and 12ish since she had a baby

Like I said- celebrity gossip isn't my thing. Listening to people who are paid to talk about how people look and act is never going to end well.
  • MissCarter79
    Options
    I think she is far, far from being the fat girl. She may weigh twice what Jennifer Aniston weighs but I'd be surprised if she is more than a size eight. Size zero is the norm for celebrities, and anything bigger than a four is suspect.

I don't know about you, but if I was a size four my friends would be having some serious talks with me. Celebrity fat is far, far different from real world fat. If that makes any sense.

I think she is at least a real size 12-14 after that baby. In celeb terms a size 8
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    who?
  • Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I found her to be unattractive (repellent even, those eyes, that chin), talentless (singing or acting or being a "personality"), vapid (I don't buy it that she is supposedly intelligent because I have never seen it), and self absorbed (much like many other celebs) when she was thinner and when she was heavier. Someone explain to me why we should be paying any attention to her at all? I find it difficult to explain what it is I don't like about her because I just don't know where to start. Anyway, that's my take. Not a hater, more of an... ignore her if at all humanly possible-er. Live and let live.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    When it comes to honesty, I would say that most celebrities are slightly below politicians.

As for Jessica, she looks decent enough, but her seeming lack of intelligence (feigned or not), leaves me cold.
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have always loved Jessica Simpson. I dont usually follow celebrities but her voice is very beautiful. There is actually one song from her second or third album and it brings tears to my eyes. Shes a beautiful girl inside and out, sure on her tv show with Nick Lachey she had a few air head moments but I thought she was pretty entertaining and I am totally jealous of how beautiful she is lol! Two thumbs up to Jessica Simpson!
    ** I do agree with one of the other posters....not a fan of her acting at all though.