Help me!

Options
So I joined My Fitnesspal, great app but It says I need to consume a minimum of 2000 calories, I have not followed that and have been only consuming 700-900 calories a day. I feel very tired, get no sleep and when I try to up my food I cant eat because Im full or I feel like im going to throw up! I really need to get out of this and need to bump my calories up!

For breakfast I have
Banana
Greek Yogurt

Snack
Apple

Lunch
Chicken Breast, Carrots, Zucchini

Snack
Banana

Dinner
Chicken Breast Carrots and zucchini again!

Replies

• Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Have a smoothie, it's easier to drink your calories if you have a hard time eating them.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes with skim or 1% milk
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight or recovering from an eating disorder? (In other words, what did you eat before starting MFP?)

I agree with adding a protein smoothie. Have a handful of nuts when you have those pieces of fruit for snacks- every time you eat there shoulf be protein, fat, and carbohydrates included. When you cook your dinner, cook the chicken in some olive oil or put some butter on the vegetables. Add some potato or rice maybe. Try a little granola with the breakfast. Try having a glass of milk with any of the meals or snacks. Try cutting up your apple and microwaving it with a little butter and cinnamon and a drizzle of honey. Peanut butter and avocado can be added to a lot of different things to add calories.

Getting appropriate calories will help with your sleep and the tired feeling. You will feel a million times better with proper fuel.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I disagree with the low fat dairy. You already eat little to no fat- dietary fat is an essential nutrient, you need it to function properly, and can't absorb fat soluble vitamins without it. A good example is vitamin-D, lack of vitamin D can produce sleep regulation issues and fatigue, which you are already experiencing. You should try to get more fat in your diet.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

he needs more calories would say go all out on the full cream milk
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I agree with whole milk in your protein shakes - I use water but add fruit to mine (chocolate shake with strawberries, banana, and pineapple).

Also, eat nuts - they are high in healthy fats and calories. Easy ways to add the calories and the protein and fats will help you feel more energetic.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Depriving yourself of sleep and calorie restriction lowers leptin concentration levels. By doing both, you're impairing hunger signaling further than it would just through adhering to a reasonable caloric deficit. Get some sleep and reduce your deficit.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without knowing anything about you, who knows maybe you need to talk a health Councillor.
  • vopat45
    vopat45 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the responses! I am over weight and I want to loose weight, MFP said I burn 2600 cals a day but should strive for 2000 cals a day. I went too extreme and been eating way less and got used to it I can't eat 1/3 of what I did before I went on a diet. I never counted calories before... And would say I would eat 2500- 3000 cals a day before.... I just want to be healthy
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    If you want to be healthy you need to make yourself eat more food and a balanced diet - your plan is not just deficient in calories but also in fats and minerals so you are likely malnourished. Add some nuts or seeds to your banana and apple snacks, have another meal right before bedtime, switch from chicken to red meat or oily fish, starting eating a wider variety of fruits and veggies in the full rainbow of colours. If you can't do that seek medical help.
  • Verla7
    Verla7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Try eating something every three hours, it will keep up your energy level and help you to loose weight as your body will realize that you are not starving it any more.
  • vopat45
    vopat45 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just want to thank you guys so much for all of your responses! I've never thought you can eat so much and still be under calories, vs. before I would go get a foot long sandwich and a large drink and it would be 1300 calories already!

I guess I have to learn to eat more and stay around 2000 calories and cut out carbs and sugar!
    I am very excited to start this journey and any pointer or tips are greatly appreciated!