helpp !

Options
Ok so I've gained some weight this year, and I've always been self conscience about my physical appearance.
But it's difficult for me to follow a diet routine or any sort of diet because I don't eat any vegetables and
I'm extremely picky, i can how ever eat fruit, & am willing to exercise.
does any one have any advice for me to lose weight, without veggies, and some sort of meal plans ?

Replies

• musicalboats
    Options
    Some one will tell you it doesn't matter what you eat, it is all about having a deficit.
    Some one will tell you it does matter what you eat - eat cleanly, eat lean proteins, good fats, unprocessed stuff.
    Some one will tell you its all about cardio.
    Some one will tell you to lift weights and do resistance training.

That said... Why don't you eat vegetables? Most people say that they are good in that they not only have good nutrients, and fiber, but also are filling with less calories then other foods. But, we all have our foods we don't like.
    It seems important to make sure your net calories are in a healthy range.
    I do cardio and some strength training thing/some weights.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't know anything about going on a diet. Just life style changes.

Get over yourself and eat your veggies. Tough love.
  • childermass
    childermass Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how people say they don't eat vegetables?
    How does your skin look? Have you lost all your teeth? Where is your nutrition coming from????

Me thinks that you don't like vegetables because you haven't discovered how to cook or prepare them in a way you like yet.
    Do some experimenting.

You say you don't ever follow a routine so can't lose weight. Isn't just eating junk and gaining weight for x amount of years a routine?
  • zeeshanhashmi
    zeeshanhashmi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, I am picky like you and always love to pick the food of my choice. But not anymore.

In our tradition, usually all the foods are quite rich in Cholesterol, Fats, Carbs etc etc. But since I now NEED to lose weight (about 50-60lbs) I must follow a diet plan.

Initially it was very very difficult for me - a food lover. But you know, lowering the amount of CARBs have been very helpfull. Its like when I eat more carbs, I need more food, but the day I started to take less carbs, I do not feel that hungry anymore.

Another tip is to keep track your daily intakes and calories burns, this will overlap any hungry feeling in your mind and will always remind you with the daily limits.

3rd Tip, initially to develop motivation, do not pick a very hard goal. Say, if you need to drop 10 kgs, start your goal with 5 Kgs. Later you can change your goal.

Now, I am really a very lazy and couch potato type of man, BUT, if I can do it, definitely, you can do it too.
  • kjmvr
    kjmvr Posts: 3
    Options
    Actually I have all my teeth, and have a porcelain skin, I'm only 17 & I'm not overweight I'm just unhappy with the way I look, & my routine isn't just eating junk food! & I just simply don't like vegetables, I've tried them and I just don't like them! Thanks for tryna help!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Buy one of those cookbooks on how to hide vegetables in other foods so kids will eat them (stealth veggies): http://www.thesneakychef.com/

You have to eat vegetables and these are recipes for picky eaters. Most people who 'hate vegetables' have been raised by lousy cooks who don't know how to cook them.

Come on there's a world of vegetables out there. If you can eat fruit there are ways of preparing vegetables you must love. Search for 'kids hide vegetables' and a zillion recipes come up.
  • vader0677
    Options
    eat what you want, follow serving sizes on your food beware of " calorie creep". if your trying to lose weight eat about 5 or 6 times a day but keep your meals under 500 calories. i have lost 45lbs doing this. good luck.