Boobs.

Options

Replies

• whittlelauraann
    Options
    For boob - size never matters. All boobs are equally good. I'd never discriminate!

Thats my partners favourite saying when I get on about my sagging boobs lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Sorry, when I responded I thought we were just talking about weight loss and boobs (as is often discussed on here). I did not read the whole post.

I don't know that much about breast implants. It is a personal choice. I would never judge the choice. Each person needs to do what makes them the most happy. And anything I say is not a judgement on breast implants. I have friends on here that have them and they look beautiful. And I understand the reasons why some women choose it.

For me, I did a search about reasons not to do it and after reading that I just know that I would never choose that. I am thankful for what I have. I have heard of marriages nearly breaking up over botched breast implants. My husband is very much attracted to me as I am and he loves my breasts. He likes a round booty like I have, small waist like I have, and he likes small, perky breasts like I have that are proportional to my body size, my big eyes and smile. If I were to get implants he would not be happy, so I see no point in that (and he does not like large breasts). As a dancer I have reasons not to do it as well. From talking with women I have heard that they can sometimes get in the way of upper body strength. Which is fine for women that are being fit for aesthetic reasons, but not fine for me as a dancer. Also, it would limit some of my job options as a dancer since breast implants is a distracting look they would not want for the type of dancing I do. Other women said losing strength and agility was not an issue for them, but it's not a risk I am willing to take. From what I understand breast implants look best at a distance and with clothing on (although some men like how they look for intimacy, my husband is not one of those men). The risks of it going wrong are just risks I am also not willing to take, especially since my breasts are quite pretty as they are. And once you get surgery, you will need more down the road and someday they may need to be removed. I don't want surgery. I don't want to be cut. I don't want things in my body. I don't want to change my body. They can leak, the saline ones can form bacteria in them. It's expensive. Really the list of reasons is endless. I have also heard that the suicide rates for women with implants are quite high because a lot of women have problems that lead them to think they need implants and getting the implants does not solve the problems (body dysmorphia and issues from past abuse), that is something for me to think about for my personal situation (for me to deal with emotional issues, not get implants).

All my life I was taught that bigger was better by the world around me. Even though I looked in the mirror and saw a beautiful body, with beautiful breasts and all perfectly proportioned I thought I must be unappealing to other people. Even though I had constant confirmation and interest from men that I was very beautiful to them and that they loved my body type in every way. I wish that I could have embraced my body for what it was when I was younger. So, I do that now. But, I was growing up in a world full of people with body issues that deal with those issues in unhealthy ways that don't teach little girls a positive understanding of range of beauty and value in the female body. Yet another reason I don't want implants because I want my daughters to be able to love their own perfect bodies. Also, it was not easy for me to find bras, being a 28 band size (my ribs being 26 inches and that's now after having babies, I was even smaller before). But, why should I change my body just because the world is too big for me. Finding bras that fit have made me feel happy and sexy in my lingerie.

But, I understand that some women are happier with implants and have reasons to consider it. That is a very different situation from me. My personal choice is no. It's a big decision to make and we should all respect each others choices. I have outlined worst case scenarios. But, those are risks I am not willing to take. The risks outweigh the benefits for me because for me I see no benefits.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you caught me!!
  • bartbell
    Options
    Don't worry to much. If you are in a committed relationship, he should love you no matter what. As far as your ego goes, push-up bras can be your friend and just help make you feel better in public.

My wife had a reduction from a DD to a B cup after the 3rd child, then a few years later she wanted them back and had a "boob job" back to a full D. The Doctor we used was wonderfull, her breast look and feel very natural, so much no one has been able to tell the difference. I was fine with me either way but she feels much better this way, and her happyness is the most important thing to me.

So once at your goal if you do deceid to have surgury, research the Dr, ask tons of questions and make sure they go under the muscle.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I wish! I just had a breast reduction 2.5 months ago! I couldn't do anything to lose them, no matter what I did! So, with that said, I am soooooo happy with my c/d's...perky and all!
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i havent had kids, but im roughly the same age as you are and my boobs were in sagsville not too long ago..went from 36D to 32D as i lost 55 lbs over about a year and half..

I started doing body pump (strength endurance training) which includes 100 reps of chest presses (moderately light weight albeit-15lbs) with minimal rest. This REALLY helped. i definately prefer my boobs now to what they were before! atleast they arent pointing down anymore!
    I've gone from a 46 DDD to a 40C..
    The weight lifting is helping so much though... The chest presses and stuff seem to be making them bounce back more. I guess if you build the muscle underneath it fills them out more (just like any other body part. :))

I can't do cosmetic surgery... The risk just isn't worth it to me. o.x
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    I started reading bc of boobs and commented because of pancake boobs.
    Go pancake boobs!
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    Well, mine are fake. Lol. They are a million times prettier than before. They look natural though.
  • Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    I had a friend of mine that lost a lot in hers and she got some fake DD's. She missed them to much I guess. I did not argue. LOL.
  • MommaDalton
    Options
    thanks everyone for your replies! although, no one who has gotten implants has mentioned yet what they cost?! LOL! am i looking at $3k? 4? 5? i know it'll be a different answer from everyone but i'd like a ballpark figure :wink: :flowerforyou:

<3
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    It truly depends. A lift may be needed. It may not. Saline or Silicon? If Silicone, what type? A lot of places offer a free consultation. That would give you your best pricing. Also where you're located can make a HUGE difference.
  • MommaDalton
    Options
    well for me i would go the saline route...not sure if i'd need the lift or not. i probably won't make a consultation appointment until we for sure have the money for the surgery since i don't want to get my hopes up. could be a year down the road...more than likely actually :grumble: and im in the "great" state of texas. /eyeroll. hehehe. but since we are planning to move next year i wouldn't be getting surgery here..hmm..

thank you, fighting! :D
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I was an A cup through my thin years, went up to a C when I put on weight. I LOVED having boobs! I've lost weight and am happy, but back to my A cups. Breastfed 2 kids but thankfully they are still *reasonably* perky - for now lol!
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm only 2-3 lbs away from my goal weigh and yes my boobs are gone but I have never had big boobs anyway. The biggest I was was a 36C and now I'm 34C but I have to measure again cause I think they're a little big now.

They're not too saggy though and I want to add that I breastfed my son for 13 months. I think the problem is not breastfeeding itself but the growth from pregnancy/milk coming in and then they get saggy once the milk dries up.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've always had small boobs (B cup). Now they're smaller.
  • nyemu
    nyemu Posts: 43
    Options
    Mine are getting smaller (36G to 34DD) and I'm loving it- wouldn't want to be flat chested but they do get in the way especially at the gym :smile:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    My breasts have stayed the same, however they seem more "pert" since doing strength training..but a boob job? Yes I'd like one as without a bra they look ok and they don't " fall to the side" but with a push up bra they're great!
    ;)
  • ZenAmante
    ZenAmante Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ive yet to reach my goal and i had the same problem after my second child but ive lost 50lbs so far and my boobs have perked up alot i cant wait to lose more and see what happens good luck hun
  • emilynw10
    Options
    I absolutely hate mine. They were fabulous and proportional... then I had kids. Two pregnancies and 27 months (and counting) of breastfeeding later and they're really sad. They're not SUPER deflated, but they're also still full of milk. I'm scared to see what the end result will be.

I definitely have thought about a lift/implants. My husband prefers I don't because he worries about me, but it's something I'd like to do for myself.
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl and I clicked on it just because of the subject...