hard to keep motivated

Options
For the second week in a row, I've gained two pounds. And i've kept within my calorie goals (1700 calories a day, but most days i've been between 1500 and 1600 this week). Not looking for advice - just whining. Very worried that the progress i had made since july (losing 40 pounds) is going to vanish. Gotta go to work - wipe tears away for now.

Replies

• oggydude
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss. :) Are you weighing your self at the same time and date as you use to. Remember your weight can fluctuate throughout the day depending if you have been to the toilet, or if you just had a meal or drank a lot of water, to even what you were wearing. I know exactly how you feel, I remember putting a 1 kg on one week and felt like crap the whole day, but I realised that as you lose weight your body needs less calories a day, and you need to increase the intensity of your workout as your heart rate is lower than before (its a very good thing as it tells you your heart is getting healthier), so maybe decrease your calorie allowance a day and increase the intensity of your workout (buy a heart rate monitor and stick to a similar heart rate).
  • checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I weigh myself same time everyday. I know this isn't "fat" weight gain. No way I can be gaining fat. I just have to wait for the "whoosh". But I'm feeling so much less sorry for myself now. I got an injection this afternoon in my knee, and boy does the world (and your weight) seem so much better when you're not in pain!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You should add drmerc & Fire_Rock as friends. They are SO motivating and really push you to do your best. Best of luck! :flowerforyou: