How do you account for calories when you vomit?

Options

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    if you're sick, calories should be the last thing on your mind. Eat whatever stays down and worry about getting better, not about logging.

Now go lie down.

I agree!!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    who cares!! Your body will tell you when it is time to consume something again. Enjoy the lack of hunger while it lasts lol,
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Your body is clearly rejecting food. If you are sick, just take it easy. Have some soup, maybe only drink the broth. Have some tea. Get enough liquids in so you don't wind up dehydrated. If you are sick with a virus or bacterial infection, then it is best to rest. If I were you, forcing myself to eat is the last thing I'd do.

However, if you are sick and vomiting because of a hangover. I'd drink definitely try to eat something, because that always makes me feel a little better.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    le sigh, you're sick so why are you worried about this? *shakes head*
  • leenites
    leenites Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Your body is clearly rejecting food. If you are sick, just take it easy. Have some soup, maybe only drink the broth. Have some tea. Get enough liquids in so you don't wind up dehydrated. If you are sick with a virus or bacterial infection, then it is best to rest. If I were you, forcing myself to eat is the last thing I'd do.

However, if you are sick and vomiting because of a hangover. I'd drink definitely try to eat something, because that always makes me feel a little better.

no it is not from alcohol. my housemate got it too. most like food poisoning. thank you for advice thus far. i shall go back to sleep now. no way i can take solid food at this state anyway. thanks.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Why worry about it.

That's what I'm wondering?

It's one day.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    don't worry about couting calories. you are ill and you need your rest. i'd say stick to bland foods. crackers, bananas maybe some rice and once you get to feeling a little better maybe some chicken noodle soup?

take care.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I don't allow my children to eat when they are sick (vomiting sick, not colds, etc) because you are not feeding your body so much as feeding the virus/bacteria that is causing the vomiting/diarrhea.

When you do start to eat again follow this diet:
    B-bananas
    R-rice
    A-applesauce
    T-toast (dry)

Eat only the things on the BRAT diet. I hope you feel better soon. No working out and no logging. Just get better. :)
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Count half the calories unless you throw up right away after eating. That's what I do anyway.
  • bibinak
    Options
    As others have already said please do not worry about counting calories-give yourself a break! Try drinking soups and and smoothies. Non acidic juices too. Get well soon. :)
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I don't know the rationale behind charcoal for upset stomach? I'm a nurse and we always gave charcoal to INDUCE vomiting after types of poisonings. So, could that be your reason for vomiting? I agree with the BRAT diet remedy. If it lasts longer than 24 hours, I'd go see my family doctor. Are you diabetic?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I read an article that said once you've ate it, the calories immediently transfer. But you need to go lay down.

Not sure if surius.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Make sure your throw up in a bag of some sort. Then weigh it. Then remove the weight from your log. You are welcome!
  • bibinak
    Options
    As others have already said please do not worry about counting calories-give yourself a break! Try drinking soups and and smoothies. Non acidic juices too. Get well soon. :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling sick! Hope you get better. To answer your question, I don't think there is a really good way to measure calories after vomiting, so I would go with your body's cues, do your best to stay hydrated, and sip on soup as you can tolerate it.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Eat the vomit back. Every calorie must be accounted for.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Eat the vomit back. Every calorie must be accounted for.

You should sprinkle some raspberry ketones on it first.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't allow my children to eat when they are sick (vomiting sick, not colds, etc) because you are not feeding your body so much as feeding the virus/bacteria that is causing the vomiting/diarrhea.

When you do start to eat again follow this diet:
    B-bananas
    R-rice
    A-applesauce
    T-toast (dry)

Eat only the things on the BRAT diet. I hope you feel better soon. No working out and no logging. Just get better. :)

You aren't feeding the bacteria or viruses. But those are definitely good foods for someone having stomach problems!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I read an article that said once you've ate it, the calories immediently transfer. But you need to go lay down.

does this make sense if you throw up a prefect pea or m&m?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Why worry about it.

What? Me worry?