Can't find jeans that fit: 5'7", 26" waist, 35" hip.

Options
My body shape has changed a little in the past year, and now I can't find jeans that fit without a belt. I find that if I don't belt my jeans now, they start slipping down and I get a flat butt. This happens with all my jeans, and I have several brands in both non stretch and stretch. I prefer the non-stretch because they hold their shape better. I'm going to throw out my measurements, and maybe someone has the same, and knows a brand that'll fit me well without the flat but slip down belt problem.

5'7", waist 26", hips 35"

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Try Target.
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    What size are you trying to wear?

I have a 29 waist and a 35 hip so a little bigger waist but I wear "hip huggers" lol. and I wear a size 9.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    go th The Buckle and look at Silver Brand jeans, expensive but well worth it. The fit is amazing
  • sirrah17
    sirrah17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you tried buying a pair that fits through the hips and then having the waist altered? It might be costly, but it might be worth the investment when you think about how many wears you'll get out of a pair of jeans that is tailored to your body.
  • sirrah17
    sirrah17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Silver jeans ARE awesome. I agree.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Gap has a curvy fit. I'm 25" and 34", and they fit me great!

ETA: I'm 5'6"
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I would go to the buckle and try on several different brands/fits and see what works. It may take awhile to find the right pair of jeans but once you do you'll be set!! Anyway, thats how I found the jeans that I love and now have 4 pairs of the same fit in different washes.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Have you tried buying a pair that fits through the hips and then having the waist altered? It might be costly, but it might be worth the investment when you think about how many wears you'll get out of a pair of jeans that is tailored to your body.

OMG, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I don't think it's more than 5-10 bucks to have them put a little dart in the waist. I'm going to take in a few pairs of problem jeans and try that... way cheaper than buying another pair of jeans for sure!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    hahhaha
    My body is 3 different sizes. :smile:

I can't buy dresses...... :grumble:
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    What size are you trying to wear?

I have a 29 waist and a 35 hip so a little bigger waist but I wear "hip huggers" lol. and I wear a size 9.

I wear a 26 or 27... I think that's a 3 or 5.
  • leiloob
    leiloob Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I only wear Hydraulic jeans...you can get them at Maurice's and Macy's.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

OMG, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I don't think it's more than 5-10 bucks to have them put a little dart in the waist. I'm going to take in a few pairs of problem jeans and try that... way cheaper than buying another pair of jeans for sure!

You will love it! I have a 25" waist and 38" hips and this is what I do with ALL pants. Also, Lucky brand sweet n low style fits me off the shelf. They are the one and only style that does. I also have big thighs.
  • tinak33
    Options

I have done that before with jeans and dress pants. I had a 40" butt/hip, but like a 26/27" waist. Finding clothes that fit was extremely frustrating.....
    Then, I just had to worry about that part of my body. Right now, I'm 3 different sizes and I never know what fits.... haha
  • iampaulinegiles
    Options
    I get my jeans at bluenotes here in Canada

26" waist and length is 34" I am 5'8

Unsure about the states side...
  • tinak33
    Options
    I used to go to Marshalls. I had the best fit with Calvin Klein jeans.
    But the went almost to the waist (older style).
    I like them because they accented my much smaller waist and emphasized the hourglass figure. :wink:

I don't wear hip huggers because I always end up with a bit of a gut hanging over and that's just not attractive.... hahaha I need a little "height" in my jeans to keep that gut in check. hahaha
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    american eagle...
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    We are pretty similar (although your waist is smaller than mine) and I find that DKNY jeans fit me the best. You can get them at Macy's on sale and with a coupon for $40. I sometimes find them at TJ Max/Marshall's for even cheaper.

But I like the suggestion of tailoring.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I picked up some Levis demi curve jeans with the exact same height and measurements as you. They fit like a glove and are my go to dressy jeans (very dark wash). VS low five flap pockets have done wonders for enhancing my butt as well.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same measurements actually.

Old Navy Sweetheart or Flirt.
    AVOID Dreamer!

Gap does a curvy line that works.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I recommend Lucky brand because they have a lot of cuts and the salespeople are usually good at giving recommendations and responding to feedback.

I've also seen Lucky jeans at places like Macy's and Marshalls.