I have finally hit rock bottom.

Options
2»

Replies

• Aitm20
    Aitm20 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Convince yourself that you will never again weigh that and start changing your habits. Eat to live, not live to eat...You will be surprised at how much you will accomplish with willpower and motivation. You can do it! Don't rush yourself, Rome wasn't built in a day. My nightly "snack" was a plate of chips, cookies and chocolate. I have not touched a single chip or cookie for months, the craving was killing me at first but I know I'm strong and after a couple of weeks I stopped craving it. My now flatter belly makes it all worth it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    stop dieting.
    stop counting how many times you eat out each month.

Imagine your body full of crystal clear clean crisp beautiful water at the beginning of each day. Think about the things you are going to throw into your system all day.

Are they going to add nutrients, vitamins, minerals, protein, healthy healing fats, emergency energy carbs... are are there going to be cookies and mozzarella cheese sticks floating in there :sick:

Stop dieting.

Just imagine what you would look like in your head as "the healthy, active girl" and then go be that girl. just become her. Dont overthink and overprioritize what you are putting in your mouth.... just go be that girl you want to be and dont get hung up on details. Just be a healthy girl.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    That sucks. For real. I was "off the wagon" for the past 5 months and I'm paying for it as well. I gained almost 30lbs back after losing 100. I was so disappointed in myself but I know that I did it once, learning as I went, so I can do it again having the knowledge that I do and it will be awesome.

We got this!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    On the upside, you're still gorgeous!!! Get to it, you're doing it for your kid now too.
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    J.K. Rowling has a quote that's something like "Rock bottom became the foundation on which I built my life." Gotta start somewhere! You can do it!
  • Pheonix2012
    Pheonix2012 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    stop dieting.
    stop counting how many times you eat out each month.

Imagine your body full of crystal clear clean crisp beautiful water at the beginning of each day. Think about the things you are going to throw into your system all day.

Are they going to add nutrients, vitamins, minerals, protein, healthy healing fats, emergency energy carbs... are are there going to be cookies and mozzarella cheese sticks floating in there :sick:

Stop dieting.

Just imagine what you would look like in your head as "the healthy, active girl" and then go be that girl. just become her. Dont overthink and overprioritize what you are putting in your mouth.... just go be that girl you want to be and dont get hung up on details. Just be a healthy girl.

Definitely This.
    Picture yourself as the healthy girl, and live your life that way. The rest will follow.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    My "rock bottom" was 169. I swore to myself that would NOT hit 170 in this lifetime. Today, I am 151.5 and still working on it. Goal weight is 120 ( I am 5'0" tall). If I can do this, so can you.
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement. I guess I just thought that I was destined to be the same weight forever and just wanted to enjoy myself since I had spent what felt like forever trying to change and do things different without different results. I think my main problem is, I lack discipline. And it's so hard to teach yourself to be disciplined, especially when you are so busy trying to be perfect in everything else. I go to school, as well as work, and I have a husband and a daughter to raise. It's hard when you are trying to do so much to find balance.
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    Sorry to hear it. But when I hit my all time high weight, I really got motivated. I never want to see that weight associated with me again. Good luck with your goals!