Insanity VS Body Revolution.

Options
Has anyone done both of these program's, or one of them?

I have body revolution, but haven't followed it yet. I've heard the amazing stories about insanity, but with having bad knees I'm not sure I should even attempt it...

Are the program's very similar anyway? They both involve body weight training, interval training and plyometrics.

Replies

• Apeck87
    Apeck87 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    body revolution is amazing.. you should do it
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just wanted to jump in quick.

I found Insanity SOOOOO boring! Honestly, I don't get what the hype is about... and this is coming from a long time fan of Beach Body products! I WAY prefer p90x and Tony Horton! I also don't like the "makeover" in which they gave Shaun T in order to sell more to a wider audience... Lame. Just let the man be..

That being said, it's not that it is bad, but the workouts are SOOOO SIMILAR and so boring and well, just not great.... FOR ME! I prefer p90x and Turbo Fire! :)

I am doing Body Rev right now! I think the best thing about this workout is that there are so many of them and they change and they rotate. They are only 30 minutes so you have NO excuse not to finish them! LOL By the time you want to stop, you are half way... Also, since I love adding on yoga afterwards, it's nice to only workout for 60 minutes total as opposed to 45-60 minutes of cardio/workout and then adding on an additional 30 for yoga...

In the beginning it sure seems possible, but when life happens, a shorter workout is great!

I recommend though, doing whatever you feel to be the best for you. if you like Body Rev do it again and add in something else. If you haven't done INsanity, but are thinking about it, see if you can borrow it from somebody first or even at the library... If you don't have p90x i would try that! :D

Good luck!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Insanity but I love Body Revolution .It's always changing and always challenging, I've been doing it since August.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I own both. They are each great programs. I will say mh hubby has bad knees and only made jt about half way through. The warnkng ag the beginning statec .nog to do it with bad knees or back. That said, I am sure ig partially had to do with how bad your knees are.