What is happening to me?!

Options

Replies

• repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    I been depriving myself, for the past 2 weeks and got really used to it.

if you got used to it why u getting dizzy for
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    yes u need to be in the 2000 range!!!! u need to eat 3 samll meals a day plus a few SMALL healthy snacks like fruit or veggies. ur feeling that way because ur body is in STARVATION mode and its actully working against u loosing weight. if u eat little by little throughout the day it will keep your metabolism up plus give u energy and should also help with the sleeping problems as well
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If you weigh 390 lbs, I am calling BS on you not being able to eat 2000 calories a day. Gimme a break......thats just 4 meals of 500 calories a meal. I can eat that much in one freaking swallow. Do some research...and eat a sammich while you are doing it.

Because this young person is trying to go to extremes with the `diet`

Support is a good thing ?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I been depriving myself, for the past 2 weeks and got really used to it.

if you got used to it why u getting dizzy for

psychologically - his mind is used to it
    physiologically - his body is freaking out
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Hey countryboy,

I dont know what happened, When I started a diet I ate strickly chicken breast yogart, carrots, zuchini, and downsized my servings dramaticly... I got so used to it after two weeks and felt great until the last 3 days... I have been feeling so tired, dizzy and not so great. You are right! Before I could sit down to eat a whole footlong sub, a soup and a large soda... Now I cant even finnish a 6 inch subway sandwhich and even then I gag to try to keep the food down.

You can do anything you want to do!

It is so hard in the beginning cos you want to see results fast..but you have to be in it for the long haul. Most of us have been there and you have to take it slow and steady.
  • vopat45
    vopat45 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Sarauk2sf
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    This sounds psychological to me. I think we sometimes fall into the trap where we feel it necessary to be punished for the sin of getting fat. Losing weight isn't about punishment and suffering for your past indiscretions. Punishment doesn't work long term. So forgive yourself and eat a reasonable amount of food. Living moderately will get you where you want to go. It's not flashy nor necessarily fast, but it is sustainable. Good luck to you.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    All the above is good advice (especially the part about adding those supportive guys to your friend list!)

My advice, trust what works. Don't be one of those lifetime yo-yo dieters. Plug the numbers into MPF, add all you food and exercise, and just eat the amount it tells you to! This WILL help you succeed.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    If I needed to add calories to my meals, I would add green olives, avocado, nuts, and lots of fruit to what I'm already eating. Instead of just a chicken breast, smash up some avocado and smear it on top, then sprinkle feta over it. That's what I'd do. You can add olives and sundried tomatoes to your salads. Have a bowl of healthy cereal in the morning (I can't seem to find a cereal that has LOW calories, you should be good there.)

Shouldn't be too hard to make it up to 2000 calories if you choose the correct foods.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If I recall correctly, taso's had sort of a similar weight loss goal and has been really successful. I'd look to his advice if I were you.

700-900 calories a day is not sustainable. There is a phenomenon that occurs with many people who try to go as low as they can in terms of calories, and find they just don't have much of an appetite. Usually it doesn't last long, and ends in a binge when your body is finally ready to send you the proper "eat, dammit" signals. It's not a habit you really want to maintain. You might find more benefit in spacing your meals out during the day if you feel like you're forcing yourself to eat larger meals.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The reason for the dizziness is most likely that your blood glucose level is too low and you're getting close to blacking out. I eat five or six times per day, get in between 1200 and 1400 calories and I'm doing fine... Be careful about going too low on calories. Your brain needs the glucose to survive. Which means that you need it to survive...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    ALSO if I did up my calories back up should I work them off? For example consume 2000 calories work off 500 calories or do I need to consume 2500 calories?

Eat 2000.
    If you burn 500 eat back 400-500.

And aside from the kidding of my friends - yes, spend time earning about calories and food and all that. You'll do yourself good.

Oh, and if you are scared to go up to 2000 do it with one step at 1500 ad 3-4 days later at 2000. Promise that any little weight gain you see the first or second day will quickly fade

Edit: and drmerc is a cool guy. Add him. .
  • vopat45
    vopat45 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I cant thank you guys for all the support and information! I will do that, I think avocados nuts and stuff will be great for me...

Its hard to want to loose weight and learning about a whole new different world of what "I thought" dieting was and how people that are successful are doing it!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    ahhh youre a young dude!

definitely add the right people to your friends list. This will make all the difference. They mostly already been listed. Most are already friends with each other.

Come across anyone that overweight lazy people refer to as a bully on this site - add them immediately!
  • MJEekhoff
    Options
    When you take in far less calories that your body needs in order to sustain itself, it thinks its starving, so it enters starvation mode. While in starvation mode the body will basically store all of the fat it possibly can because it knows it'll need it to burn as energy. It'll only get just enough, if that, to continue its processes necessary for survival and that is all. You need to seriously get active. That's the only way you're going to get your body out of starvation mode. So get active and eat 1500 - 1800 calories per day. Reduce your carbs and sugars, increase your proteins. But the key here is to get moving. Trust me, I know this from personal experience.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options
    Its hard to want to loose weight and learning about a whole new different world of what "I thought" dieting was and how people that are successful are doing it!
    Go read the first post in this thread, do the calculations and set your calories/macros accordingly:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

As a 22 year-old male, you're doing very bad things to yourself by restricting your calorie intake so drastically. There are a lot of people here who have been very successful using the methods Dan outlines in the above thread. Stop killing yourself and start getting healthy!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I commend you for asking for help! There is some great advise in this post and I urge you to friend the people mentioned. They will guide you to make healthier choices for you are an incredible person! Good Luck and God Bless!
  • MyJaDePeacock
    MyJaDePeacock Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I suggest asking your doctor to send you to a dietitian with a "medical nutrition therapy" prescription. Ask your insurance company if they will pay for it under that name. Most do!
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    you need to eat your 2000 calorie intake along with some exercise. it may seem like the less the better, but thats not always the case you can seriously hurt yourself, when you start to loose weight your body is constantly changing and so will your calorie intake, but for 390lbs follow what MFP says, or go to a dietician (hope i spelled that right lol), for some help. You can do it though, everyone has to start somewhere! :smile:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I would add Fire_Rock and drmerc. They are really motivating and helpful. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
    I completely agree!

Also, add DavPul and jofjltncb6. They also two of the most helpful, motivating, and kind individuals on this site. Good luck to you!
    ^^ THIS. Between those 4, you should have ALL the help and support you need :drinker:

dang. I only got one of those! I should search for the other three :)