Anyone else here trying to loser over 100lbs?

Options

Replies

• athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. Feel free to add me and I will help you every step of the way.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    take it 10 pounds at a time

thats exactly what I am doing. I have also gotten stuck a few times but always pushed on. WE CAN DO THIS.
  • sls1989
    sls1989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have about 150 to lose. But trying to look at it as a long term thing so I've set myself smaller goals for the year. since March I've lost 52 and hoping to lose another 16 by next March. After that I'll re-evaluate what has worked the best and set myself another goal for the next year. It is bloody hard work and can be a bit depressing when you don't see the numbers you want in the short term but it's important to remember that there is no easy solution and slow and steady wins the race! And when I look back to how much even a third of my goal has made on my life it gives you a little kick of motivation. :D
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    You're doing great so far.

Remember, this is a long journey. Some days/weeks will be better than others, so don't get discouraged.

Be proud and use compliments as motivation to keep up your goal of getting to where you want to be.

Also, remember, this is a lifestyle change, too. Your goal should not just be about the weight loss, but your approach to food itself.

That is what will help you make this a long term accomplishment.

Good luck!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    140 more pounds to go for me... the goal seems so insurmountable that I only put half of my goal on my ticker! It's just a little easier to deal with working toward getting to my first goal before worrying about my ultimate goal!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Half way, we can all get there.
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It's a long road but take it one day, one choice, one step at a time. I couldn't look down that long road when I first started because it was so overwhelming, so I took it 5 pounds at a time. You can do this!
  • JuliePin
    JuliePin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've got 150 lbs to go. Hard as can be, but I'm trying. I like the idea of setting smaller goals because it does indeed feel like an impossible number. No excuses, though. We can all do this!
  • pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have got 130 pounds left at least to lose. (I have lost 73.) Feel free to add me.
  • mike2104
    Options
    My goal is to lose a total of 190lbs , i've lost 82lbs so far

I work on a month to month goal , mine is 8lbs a month , if I lose any more then that is a bonus , any less means I have to work harder at it
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Not anymore. I've lost 107 and there's 92 pounds between me and "normal"
  • DrJeep
    DrJeep Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I was around 383 when I started out, am a bunch down now but still have a long way to go.
    You can do it.
    We can do it.
  • Constant_Nova
    Constant_Nova Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have 100 exactly to lose. I am down 8 so far. I have been using MFP since 11/27. You all may find this funny but I used to work in the weight loss industry. one of the more popular programs where as a program director, you had to be on the program in order to secure your job. I had just given birth to my son and weighed in at 221 when I started there. I worked there for almost a year and got down to 160. I then went on to work for a major wireless carrier and was no longer on the program........ shot up to 263 :(... I lost some on my own but started MFP at 256. I would like to get to 156 but I am taking it 50 at a time. I figured if I can lose the first 50, the next will be gravy, maybe?!?!? Anyway, I would love to be friends with you and anyone else who is on this journey. So, feel free to add me :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I have lost 110....but I still have more to go.
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    i have 200+ to lose to get to my ultimate goal! im down a total of 18 pounds, its a long road but it will be worth it!
  • MidtownMasala
    Options
    I'm 31, started at 284 a few weeks ago and my initial goal weigh is 180 (104 lbs total).

Eight pounds down so far!

Anyone in a similar position can feel free to add me, so we can motivate one another.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When I started this almost 6 years ago, I was sitting at 272 and had almost 130 pounds to lose. I am now at 193 with about 40 pounds left give or take. It has been a long journey but I will finish this.
  • TaintedGenius
    Options
    Yes. I have 70 to go. It feels the first 30 were a breeze and now nothing.
  • chasfound
    chasfound Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have 84 lbs to lose until I hit my first goal. Then another 25 after I hit that. I am just starting out. I have a very lazy job wiht lots of vending machines so it has been a challenge the last couple days but I though about food less today than I have in a long long time. Take it one day at a time and you will prevail!
  • energyofasloth
    energyofasloth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have lost 54 pounds but still another 100 to go to get to my goal weight. We can all do this if we persevere ever forwards to our goal and support one another. -Hey folks (esp. people with a lot to lose) feel free to add me so we can motivate and support one another :)