"Are you losing weight?"

Options
2»

Replies

• ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This just happened to me yesterday too. Actually she said 'OMG you've lost so much weight - where has your bum gone?' LOL. The funny thing is, I actually haven't lost a great deal of weight, but I think I've lost inches. But it is a wonderful feeling to have someone notice because you've got some affirmation that all that hard work is making a difference! :-)
  • soldierzside
    soldierzside Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Its weird people were saying omg you look great after 10 pounds... I'm like where? I dont see it!
  • hokiesmama
    hokiesmama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A co-worker just commented the other day saying, "It looks like you've lost about 10 lbs." REALLY??? I've lost 70 already. Am I really THAT fat? This was discouraging, but I'm not going to let it bother me. I'm going to keep at it.
  • LucyAndDiamonds
    Options
    A few days ago my mom and dad hadn't seen me since I'd started MFP and noticed instantly (even though it's only been 4 pounds or so). It felt absolutely fantastic! I've gotten my mom to look into trying it and my dad as well.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30lbs in 5months and my friend asked me if my diet was working. It is the first time she has commented.
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :drinker: we all need to feel good about ourselves when we lose weight because it is HARD!! you need to be proud that others notice for all the hard work you have done.:drinker: :drinker:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    for me, i never admit it. when they ask, I want to hide. it's incredibly embarrassing. i don't know why but i've always felt that way.
  • impojr
    impojr Posts: 52
    Options
    I went to a friend's house for dinner with the family and both our hosts asked if I had been going to the gym /flattered
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    it is the best feeling! congrats to you!
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!

I teach a nursery class, and one of the parents of a child who left my class last summer didn't recognise me the other week as I have lost 40lbs since she last saw me. That felt good :bigsmile:
  • Spindrift2012
    Spindrift2012 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I haven't had many people comment. But then they didn't comment that I was getting fat when I put the weight on either. :laugh:
    I saw someone last week at the swimming pool. Our daughters used to be in the same mum and child swimming lessons. She commented that I'd lost weight and looked really good. I've lost 40 lbs now. I was really pleased.

I think its because the weight sits around my middle, its harder to see the change.

I've had a couple of people tell me that I'm looking really well I think that's because they're not sure :laugh:
    I haven't talked about losing weight because I think people who go on about their diets the whole time are boring.
  • waistfinder
    waistfinder Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    People have different filters: some blurt anything out without thinking, others will hold off and hold off until they're sure they won't embarrass anyone. Once I had gained, and a co-worker said wow, you're looking great. :huh:
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I hugged the person LOL
    i too was feeling like "finally someone sees all my hard work" :)
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It feels so awesome for someone other than yourself to notice that you have lost weight. I was soo happy that I wanted to work out so more people can notice that I am losing weight.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    that great! yes it does feel great when people notice you have lost. it awhile since someone has said anything to me but i have been stuck at it for few month just recently lost 5 lbs which was a big deal to me!

i too have been stuck for awhile.......can i ask u how u got "unstuck" ? LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!