Is it terrible if i...?

...Go over on sugar? :V

yey for short posts >>;

Replies

• trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    I find that when I eat fruit it usually goes way over. As it is a healthy snack I ignore the sugar content. I would think that my sugar is over most days because of it.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    If its healthy sugar from fruit for instance, then no worries, if from cakes & sweets, then beware!!! :smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    yes and no and maybe

tay for short answers
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    If you are hitting the right numbers on everything else then I wouldn't worry too much. I can sometimes go over on sugar when I have a couple of pieces of fruit and a tomato soup all in the same day (like today).

I actually stopped tracking it because if I am eating all the other things right then I am not going to worry about sugar too much.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    No
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,585 Member
    Depends :indifferent:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    If its healthy sugar from fruit for instance, then no worries, if from cakes & sweets, then beware!!! :smile:

huh?
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member

why?
  • Dave198lbs

why?

brain washing by the fruit industry

those rotten sugar loving bastaads
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    fresh fruits have sugar in it, but they are much more preferrable (is that even a word?) than sugar from cakes or cookies or canned fruit with added sugar!
  • cassiegal724
    cassiegal724 Posts: 63 Member

why?

Because sugar from fruit comes with a lot of good things too like fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The fiber will help keep you full and the vitamins and minerals are essential for health. Sugar from cakes, candy, etc is completely empty and will only serve to spike your blood sugar. That being said, everything in moderation....
  • bdamaster60

why?

Because sugar from fruit comes with a lot of good things too like fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The fiber will help keep you full and the vitamins and minerals are essential for health. Sugar from cakes, candy, etc is completely empty and will only serve to spike your blood sugar. That being said, everything in moderation....

it's still sugar :laugh: what you've described are different micro/macronutrients.
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    I just worry about the calories, I ignore everything else, right or wrong I don't know?
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    No - sugar is sugar, if you are under calories then it should not impact your weight loss.

But if you "spend" wisely on fruit rather than cakes then the nutrician benefits mean that your health should not suffer from going over (on sugars), if it all goes on cakes then you may be under on calories but won't have enough nutrition.

Good luck!
  • bdamaster60
    I just worry about the calories, I ignore everything else, right or wrong I don't know?

calories is just a measurement tool. Like metres is a measuring increment for distance. The macronutrient makeup of your daily calorie intake is more important than overall calorie consumption.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    I track fat, iron, calcium, calories, saturated fat and sodium. Don't care about the others if I hit the target on these.
  • Dave198lbs
    I track fat, iron, calcium, calories, saturated fat and sodium. Don't care about the others if I hit the target on these.

IMO, you should also track protein
  • How you get the sugar certainly matters. Sugar from Christmas cookies, which is my current problem, is bad for your blood sugar. Fruits, which certainly have sugar in them, are not bad for your blood sugar because of all the fiber and micronutrients you get with them. MyFitnesspal doesn't differentiate between good and bad sugar though.

If you're not diabetic or having glycemic issues though I wouldn't worry about it too much. Cookies or not, I'm still losing weight by working out and keeping under my calorie goal.
  • bdamaster60

IMO, you should also track protein

agreed. I could hit all of these with 3 supplement tablets and a teaspoon of salt.