Feel like I'm starting to fail.

Options
He everyone,

I went through some stressful times and lost 25 pounds between April and September. As I wasn't actively trying to lose weight, I also wasn't keeping track. I decided to use the jump start to my advantage and a friend recommended this site. At first I used it daily and loved that it made me think about what I was eating and how much, and I have done fairly well staying under my calorie goals. Between September 25th and November 24th (I don't own a scale or weigh myself often) I lost another 31 pounds. Here is the problem, lack of time. I eat out daily and have not been to a grocery store in about a month and a half. I work six days a week and do not get home until between 2 and 4am so cooking after work never happens, but it also limit's my options of places that are open for dinner near-by. I don't have a daily exercise routine though 95% of my commuting to both jobs and errands is done on foot, keep fairly busy at work and do my best to take walks on my breaks.

At this point I need a bit of encouragement because I am noticing bad food choices again and I'm terrified of being like I was. Not only have I noticed my energy level, desire to go out, have fun,be active and even my confidence are already improving and I like myself a bit better now. Friends have also commented how happy they are that I'm "back". This is my first foray into the forums and I have noticed a trend of comments about how making friends here and encouraging each other has really helped in reaching their goals. So, I figured I would introduce myself.

65 more to go.

Replies

• Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You have done an awesome job so far so pay yourself on the back for that! It is hard sometimes to be able to cook at home when pressed for time. I work full time and I am also in grad school so I am feeling your pain! I try to keep things on hand that are easy to grab and throw together quickly. I usually have the makings for some salad or maybe some tuna around. Eggs are good for you and whip up pretty quickly. Cottage cheese with some fruit for a sweet tooth....or even with a bit of pasta sauce and grated cheese on it and nuked in the microwave til melty (sounds gross but yummy) is quick and easy. When I do go out or grab something from the fast food places I stick to the salads, easy on the dressing or the sandwiches with grilled chicken and just take off the top of the bun. With a little planning it can be done! I have no doubt you will make the rest of your goal!
  • Bull2707
    Bull2707 Posts: 106
    Options
    Time management: When I am cooking dinner one night I will add either dinners to put into the fridge to be warmed up or my lunches for the next few days. I learned this from a body builder. Preperation. Good job on getting back on track!