BIG DEAL questions (please help)

Options

Replies

• taekwonkenpo
    Options
    I don't see why i would eat more. The point of weight loss is to eat less calories.

And why log everything it's not like anyone will know.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Do you eat your workout calories back?
    - Yes, up to 15-20% of my TDEE. Typically once I hit that 15% mark, I leave it for the day, and so sometimes finish lower than MFP expects, but it works for me.

Do you eat the whole egg or just the egg whites?
    - Whole egg

Should i weigh myself every day?
    - I don't - I do it weekly (scales) and I take waist/neck/hips measurements once a month.

Why can't i lose weight even when i am eating under 1000cal a day?
    - You need to eat AT LEAST as much as your typical Basal Metabolic Rate (the cals you burn just to function). Google/read up on it and perhaps up your cals - as weird it sounds sometimes you have to eat more to burn consistently.

Do i have to log everything?
    - I do, because I am now much more aware of how much I was packing away. If you are using a calorie logging system to HELP in your weight loss goals, then... umm... YES!
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options

Nope
    The whole damn thing.
    Doesn't matter
    Your doing it wrong
    Not if you can remember what you ate.

What exactly is maintence calories for a turtle?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I don't see why i would eat more. The point of weight loss is to eat less calories.

We know.

JUDGING-YOU1.jpg
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
    Exactly what I was thinking.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    During my weight loss journey I have experienced some ups and downs. It's been a rocky road, I've been hungry for over a year and lost most of my b00bies, but in the end, I am thankful for my thigh gap.

So I leave you all with these words of wisdom, "I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never going to keep me down. P!ssing the night away"
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    HAPPY 1,500th POST!!!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    -I don't use MFP's method

-Doesn't matter, as long as you put the number you see into proper context

-Depends

-Depends
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options

-Sometimes. I eat until I feel full, I listen to my body!

-Whole

-I do but thats bc its habit and I'm weird!

-1000 cals, thats pretty low!!

-Yes log everything!!!
  • uxbridgeheli
    Options
    Do you eat your workout calories back? - no not usually

Do you eat the whole egg or just the egg whites? - whole egg

Should i weigh myself every day? - if it helps then yes but if it knocks you then no - Once a week or once every 2 weeks is probably better.

Why can't i lose weight even when i am eating under 1000cal a day? - because you aren't eating enough. You need to eat your allocation or this won't work.

Do i have to log everything? - absolutely everything or how else do you know how many cals etc.. you have left????

Good luck - H x
  • Dub_D
    Options
    HAPPY 1,500th POST!!!

Awe.. can't believe I wasted it on a one word response.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Just go back and edit the post and make it something heartbreaking and meaningful about your weightloss Journey.
  • TasteMeNot
    Options
    Do you eat your workout calories back? Sometimes, I eat if I'm hungry otherwise I don't

Do you eat the whole egg or just the egg whites? Yes, I usually make scrabled egg with 1 whole egg and 1 egg white.

Should i weigh myself every day? No, it would make me crazy, as weight naturally flucuates...why obcess.

Why can't i lose weight even when i am eating under 1000cal a day? Your not eating enough, google "eat more, weigh less" to give you a better idea & explaination

Do i have to log everything? Yes, otherwise your just cheating yourself.

Disclaimer: These responses are based on me and my expereinces, everyone is a little different. You should experiement and see what works for you.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Woah, you're a man. You should be eating aleast double what you are now. Cray Cray.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Do you eat your workout calories back? sometimes, and ususally

Do you eat the whole egg or just the egg whites? yes

Should i weigh myself every day? did you eat a lot of salt? Maybe you need to monitor TOM?

Why can't i lose weight even when i am eating under 1000cal a day? because you're doing it wrong

Do i have to log everything? no, only what you eat
  • uxbridgeheli
    Options

Ahhhh... it's a wind up - should have read more of it before!
    Hillalrious!!!!!!???????
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options

But if you don't eat enough your body responds by storing fat - hence gaining weight

YOU WILL KNOW - how can you be accountable to yourself and know how many calories you are actually consuming and burning if you don't?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I do, though I'm never sure how much I really burn.
    I'm not a big fan of eggs so only eat them occasionally. I usually eat the whole egg, but I like an egg white omelette or frittata occasionally
    You can if you want, but you should expect fluctuations up and down when weighing that often.
    A man eating under 1000 cal a day and not losing?? See a doctor!
    You don't have to log anything. But if you want to keep track of your total intake, then it's probably best to log everything.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Do you eat your workout calories back? Not most of the time... some weekends I work out because I know there will be a party or something and I want a beer or two

Do you eat the whole egg or just the egg whites? Both ways... It depends on my mood

Should i weigh myself every day? I do so I can gauge my flux in weights throughout the week. I don't log it every day

Why can't i lose weight even when i am eating under 1000cal a day? You are not eating enough. This is why I got a fitbit to see what I'm actually burning in a day. I went from eating 1500 to 1700 to 2000 now I can see on work out days I should be more like 2200-2400... maybe my body was starving

Do i have to log everything? If you want to be successful
  • Dub_D
    Options

Just go back and edit the post and make it something heartbreaking and meaningful about your weightloss Journey.

fantastic idea.