A banner day!

Options
Today is an especially GOOD day.

Back in March, I overheard a friend's comment about me,."...and you gain 40 pounds" he said, referring to my weight. He was right, over time, I HAD put on a lot of weight, he knew it, and I knew it. But at 45, I was unsure what to DO about it.

Fast forward to July 2012, July 14 to be precise. That was my first day using My Fitness Pal. Since then, I have lost a few pounds per week. But better, I UNDERSTAND food, diet, calories, nutrition better than I did. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect, just better.

As of today, I have LOST those 40 pounds....AND, at 199.5, I have arrived in ONE-derland. I feel SO much better, (I am told) I look better, I have exchanged my clothes for smaller sizes, I have had dress clothes tailored, and have had my blood pressure medication reduced. Now, I look forward to exercising, to eating food that makes me feel good, and to dressing and going out. And as an added bonus, I have gotten a LOT of positive observations/comments from family, friends, and co-workers, especially recently. It's like I hit a threshold at which point EVERYbody notices and/or comments.

Early last summer, a friend told me he wanted to lose 20 pounds. I was encouraging, and at the same time thought, "wow...I could NEVER lose 20 pounds. I wouldn't know where to start." A few weeks later, I started MFP. What a difference 125 days can make.

Yes, today is a GOOD day!

Richard

Replies

• carleemaeb
    Options
    It is certainly a banner day for you! Congratulations!!!
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration and congratulation on you weight loss and lowering your meds!
  • topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It is a banner day for us all, the day we discovered My Fitness Pal. It has changed your life, my life and so many others.
  • RichardJWalter
    RichardJWalter Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support, folks!

Richard
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Love your story. Thank you for sharing. This is truly a banner day for you. Enjoy it and congratulations!!!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Well done Richard. I hope to follow you to One-derland shortly after the New Year. Keep up the good work.
  • RichardJWalter
    RichardJWalter Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    December 18 update: after YEARS of taking Prilosec OTC every day for acid reflux/indigestion I stopped taking it Sunday (three days ago). So far, I have not had any reflux....fingers crossed!
  • JimmyJazzMX
    JimmyJazzMX Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is great news... Congrats!
  • skyttles
    skyttles Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A very very Good day! Congratulations and great job Richard!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!