Where to buy PB2?

Options
Where can you find it? I looked on their official website at the store locator, and there are no stores listed in the 25 mile radius, but I've found those kinds of things aren't always accurate. We have two small health food stores in town, so I was going to look there to start. We don't have Whole Foods anywhere around here if that's usually an option.

Replies

• tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You can get it at most Smoothie places , also your best bet is to just buy it online ... it's cheaper too, try amazon.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    amazon has a two pack on sale.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You can get it at most Smoothie places , also your best bet is to just buy it online ... it's cheaper too, try amazon.

No smoothie places around here either! I'm impatient and wanted to get it noooooooow, but I'll try amazon. thanks :)
  • gcadays99
    Options
    The hyvee's around here have it in the health food section.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    My local grocery store carries it in the health food section (which is very small I might add). But you can get two day shipping on Amazon.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have not found anywhere that I can get it locally, but our GNC told me that some of their stores carry it. I have had to order mine online so far.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask why someone would want to eat powdered peanut butter? I just don't get it.

I get that it's less calories but so what? Regular peanut butter is healthy and really yummy and I eat it all the time and haven't gained a billion pounds from it.

Also, I get that people put it in smoothies but. . . . you can put regular peanut butter in them too.

I guess I just don't get the hype. I mean maybe if I was stocking up for the end of the world (oh crap, that's this week isn't it? Oh well) and wanted something that wasn't going to spoil then yeah, PB2 would be something I'd buy but to eat it because it's lower in calories and all that? I'll take my regular Teddie all natural stuff any day.

That's just me though.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    got a 2 pack (regular and chocolate) off Ebay for $10 with free shipping!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Amazon.
  • madworld1
    Options
    I got mine at HEB in the supplement section.
  • ok2getfit
    Options
    I ordered mine from the company but I know that they carry it at my local health food store. Good luck finding it. Worth the hunt.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I order mine from Amazon. if you have a studen e-mail address, you can get free 2-day shipping for six months!
  • emih29
    emih29 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I order all my stuff from vitacost.com
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    They sell both flavors of PB2 at Kroger, as well.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask why someone would want to eat powdered peanut butter? I just don't get it.

I get that it's less calories but so what? Regular peanut butter is healthy and really yummy and I eat it all the time and haven't gained a billion pounds from it.

Also, I get that people put it in smoothies but. . . . you can put regular peanut butter in them too.

I guess I just don't get the hype. I mean maybe if I was stocking up for the end of the world (oh crap, that's this week isn't it? Oh well) and wanted something that wasn't going to spoil then yeah, PB2 would be something I'd buy but to eat it because it's lower in calories and all that? I'll take my regular Teddie all natural stuff any day.

That's just me though.

I have both - not branded PB2 but generic 12% fat flour - peanut flour is a good substitute for regular flour in certain baking recipes, sometimes it's apparently even nicer. If you use peanut butter in a cookie recipe you are subbing out some of the butter or oil so it's a different ingredient. If you put peanut butter in a smoothie you are adding more fat than protein, with peanut flour vice vera - that matters if you are trying to balance your macros.

Can't honestly say I fancy eating peanut flour in place of peanut butter on toast tho, the texture the oils impart is important there. I don't see it as any different to eating lean cuts of meat or reduced fat cheese or whey protein instead of whole dairy or cocoa powder instead of chocolate, some will think that is healthy or an easy way to cut needless calories, others believe any amount of fat is fine.