Ladies Only please read

Options

Replies

• ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with this also. Ravenous for a week and a half.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have the same EXACT problem!!!!!!! So weird. I thought it was all in my head.
  • jaclyndanette
    Options
    It's also a big problem for me. I find myself wondering why I'm so hungry and why I want junk so badly and then I check a calendar and cha-ching, PMS! I try to tell myself that my period isn't an excuse for the junk. I'll let myself snack more than normal, but sometimes I break, but I think being aware of the change helps me to prevent myself from eating everything in sight.
  • s_fehr
    s_fehr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i do tend to have similar problems during my period and the days before, so what i've done is increased the amount i exercise and really increased the amoutn of water i drink. Water seems to make a huge difference for me.
  • lalaglo30
    Options
    Yes I have that problem too for a few days leading up and a couple days into my period. I also get really bloated during my period and when it's over I pee it all out and I lose the few pounds I was up. My advice is to stay away from foods high in sodium starting a week before because salt causes the bloat. I suffer from bad PMS and it sounds like you might too. My advice on helping to curb the cravings is that if it's not in your house you won't eat it. But if you can't help but to have things around because of others living with you...try going for the 100 cal version of cookies or fat free fudgesicles if you crave chocolate or if it's carbs you crave try whole grain because it's better than white if you are going to have them.
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    JX6dl.jpg

LMAO LOVE ^^^^^^ sooo true!!!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I eat everything and work out furiously. I try to eat healthier versions of my cravings, but with mixed success. I still lose weight every week, so it's working well enough for me.
  • Jelenamiia
    Options
    I have the same problem though it last ''just'' 3 or 4 days! I just cant stop it :D Im like give me this give me that. Well those days i try not too eat like elephant i just have more snacks between meals- nuts, fruits etc. I chew and chew and chew :D
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    JX6dl.jpg

This is perfection.
  • Mijori
    Options
    Oh yes! I call it PMM; pre-menstrual munchies, but it's the only pre-menstrual symptom I get, so I consider myself lucky. No hormonal *****iness over here. I only have the munchies for about 5 days, but I crave junk food and sweets and all things bad for me. I generally give in to it, but I get a small version of whatever it is I'm craving. Small bag of sweets, small bag of chips... Trying to trick myself that a handfull of baby carrots is just as satisfying as a chewy brownie never works, so I don't bother any more. Anyway, it's all over on day 1, and by day 3 all excess weight & bloating is gone, so I'm not too worried. Call it compensation for having to go through what we go through every 4 weeks!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You are blaming your period for making you "more hungry" 3 weeks out of 4??

.......... I would maybe call that baseline and just be happy you aren't hungry the fourth week and work on satiating your hunger with decent food.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    JX6dl.jpg

haha
  • MoonSapphire
    MoonSapphire Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I crave carbs a week before, if i let myself i would eat a loaf of french bread, or any kind of bread! Love hawaiin sweet rolls!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    "Ladies only" threads never work around here, just so you know.

They work great if you want men to read them.

Truth.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I am on the minipill, which caused me to stop having periods. Best decision of my life, I save a boatload on tampons!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I do. I think if you drink more water and exercise it helps. But also treat yourself in moderation. If you're craving pizza have one slice of good pizza. If you want some chocolate have a little bit dark chocolate. They aren't bad in moderation.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I definitely relate! I never feel full sometimes it seems. Then, when it's all over, my iron levels are really low, so my endurance during exercise is shot to he11 for about week.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I am on the minipill, which caused me to stop having periods. Best decision of my life, I save a boatload on tampons!

Me too - still get cravings and the hump though!
  • cocodiva31
    Options
    JX6dl.jpg

:laugh: ..................omg tooo funny
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I make sure I eat some iron in the week leading up to my period (hello red meat!) which seems to beat the cravings largely. I'm also strict about never using my reproductive system to justify the lapses in willpower when they do happen - I need to take responsibility for my choices.