Trader Joe's

Options
Just curious to what everyones favorite items are at Trader Joe's heading there soon and thinking about picking up some new things!!

Replies

• JG1088
    JG1088 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    White bean and basil hummus!
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I really like their hummus and fresh salsas. I haven't been in a while, though!
  • priyamarie
    Options
    Roasted Seaweed Snacks are really good you can wrap them around rice and dip in soy sauce.
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    CHEEEEESSEEEE
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Their almond butter's not bad...
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    Latin black bean soup! It's my new fav from TJ's. Tastes like a spicy bean burrito without all the fat and calories. You'll find it with the soups in the cartons (not cans).
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I splurge on their egg white salads (spicy, or with chives).
    Their avocado hummus is pretty good too.

And for the holidays, cocoa drizzle kettle corn. Everything in moderation! : )
  • wrkout2bfit
    wrkout2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well, don't buy their dark chocolate peanut butter cups, cause they are heavenly, and you can't eat just one! I do always stock up on their chicken and vegetable stocks. I love almost everything from Trader Joe's. I buy my taco shells there, cause they do not have hydrogenated fats in them. They also have a great general tso's sauce.
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Trader Joe's! They have awesome snacks, especially for when you want a treat, they are usually decent calories compared to other places. Here are my favorites:

1. Veggie Flax Seed Chips really good by themselves or with Salsa Verde

2. Vegetarian Pizza

3. Mochi Ice Cream Strawberry - they are only 100 cal each one, and super delicious!

4. I agree with the comment about the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, they are beyond delicious, but I still buy a small bag and save about 180 cal for 3 when I need chocolate :)
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,181 Member
    Options
    Edamame hummus
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Their eggplant towers are good. The frozen chicken tikka masala is good too.

The spicy Thai chicken noodles are awesome

Sweet potato ridge chips too
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Rosemary Marcona almonds
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Trader Joe's. I grew up in a town that never had one, and then I moved for graduate school and found it to be AWESOME for the type of eating that I do. And it's less expensive for all of the things that I buy. The majority of their stuff, even if it's 'processed' such as cereals or granola bars don't have any scary, mystery ingredients which I LOVE. And they're cheap! Things I found to be both a great deal and that I like:

--Tomato and basil hummus dip- 35 cal for 2 tbsp and SO GOOD.
    -The baby carrots are a great deal (at least where I live)
    -LOVE the lite mozzarella/cheddar cheese sticks.
    -The Brownie & Oat bars have whole grain oats and are I think 120 cals, they taste like brownies and are so much better than the Fiber One's and have a lot less crap in them.
    -The TJ's brand cereal- the High Fiber Cereal is good and you get a big box for $2.29 where I live.
    -RAW almonds (and other nuts/trail mixes!) Best deal anywhere.
    -The unsweetened vanilla almond milk is my favorite almond milk--over Silk, Blue Diamond, etc.
    -The Greek Yogurts (although a little smaller than Chobani etc, are pretty cheap and good too!
    -Peanut butter..it's all natural and pretty cheap for that.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Roasted Seaweed Snacks are really good you can wrap them around rice and dip in soy sauce.

Ohhh yusss I love those
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, raisin rosemary crisps, mini brie bites, any cheese there, bread, organic milk, butter, yogurt, the best dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt, organic salad, arugula, hummus, everything. :-)
  • round_and_brown
    Options
    Trader Joe's is one of my favorite places in the world. I love everything.

Definitely try their Smooth & Creamy Mediterranean Hummus.

I'm obsessed with their Simply Mango dried mango slices - it almost tastes like candy but contains NOTHING but mango. (Warning: they're addictive. I always start out saying I'm going to eat one serving and then finish at least half the package.)

I use their unsalted crunchy almond butter every day.

The plain non-fat Greek yogurt is 20 cal less per serving than Chobani, and the big container is pretty economical.

Their fruit butters are so delicious. I always keep a jar of pumpkin butter in my fridge.

If you like Oreos, Joe-Joes are a good alternative with fewer creepy ingredients.

The fancy berry blend is great for smoothies.

The cinnamon almonds are so delicious, but again, addictive.

If you're a tea person, they always have a great selection. I love the Crimson Blossom green tea, and the Candy Cane Green Tea is one of my favorite beverages ever.

Finally, their candy bars are great. I always keep a 73% dark chocolate with almonds in my freezer, and I just bought a dark chocolate with raisins and pecans that is very tasty.

Happy hunting!
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Options
    I LOVE Trader Joe's and go there all the time, but this has given me some great ideas of stuff to try. All their desserts are amazing, and the already cooked chicken breasts in the refrigerated section are yummy and convenient. The chicken basil tomato meatballs and the country potato, mushroom and green bean mix also top my list..
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Beans so Green. So yummy.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Love that store! I always grab their Jalapeno & Cilantro hummus, kettle corn, eggs, fruits and veggies. It's amazing to me how much cheaper the produce and eggs are compared to the regular grocery store. I also use their Three Cheese Pomodoro (sp?) spaghetti sauce, love the orange chicken, chicken quesadillas, french fries, onion rings and the mini mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches. I prefer getting frozen foods there even though they are no better in calories or sodium, they just taste better. I've recently tried their peanut butter too but I'm not a huge fan of it. Not sure I will buy it again.
  • ctj101502
    Options
    raw almond buter and their sushi and when I am not making my own raw keifer I buy their organic keifer