Need motivation :(

Options
I have logged in for 65 days but I'm almost right back where I started. The last 3 weeks... I come in and look around but I haven't done much tracking or any exercising. I have many reasons but the only real one is I've been lazy. Today is my last final exam for the semester so today I go back to what I should have been doing all along...but I'm going to need lots of encouragement from my MFP pals!!

Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Keep going. Its a lifelong change, and a slip here and there is ok as long as you get right back on track:flowerforyou:
  • sgh10
    sgh10 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    keep going we all get of track start easy small goals so it is not too much
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    It is great you are willing to admit to laziness and not make excuses. Good luck on your last exam, and celebrate by making time for a workout this evening :bigsmile:
  • swanarae
    Options
    This time of year it is easy to get lazy. I am bad about it and am very fortunate that my husband is willing to listen to me grump and gripe while gently encouraging me to get up off my *kitten* and work out.

At least you are logging in. Something will catch your eye and motivate you to get back on track.
    Try one of the 5 min workout vids on the Dr Oz website.
    Everyone can spare a short 5 min sometime in their day
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Its good to have encouragment but when its comes down to it, its all up to you to keep at it and motivate yourself.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I have many reasons but the only real one is I've been lazy.

Props to you for acknowledging that and not trying to blame anything else. That's a big step. You know this is 100% in your control and that is key!! You got this :flowerforyou:
  • sarymerejo
    sarymerejo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It is great you are willing to admit to laziness and not make excuses. Good luck on your last exam, and celebrate by making time for a workout this evening :bigsmile:

That's the plan :happy:
  • sarymerejo
    Options
    Its good to have encouragment but when its comes down to it, its all up to you to keep at it and motivate yourself.

I realize that...but sometimes just knowing that my MFP pals are "checking on me" makes me get up and workout.
  • sarymerejo
    Options
    I have many reasons but the only real one is I've been lazy.

Props to you for acknowledging that and not trying to blame anything else. That's a big step. You know this is 100% in your control and that is key!! You got this :flowerforyou:

Thanks!! :happy:
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, no one can help with your motivation but you!

Tips:
    Don't get down on yourself
    Take it slow - it's a change of your lifestyle
    Try and be held accountable - No excuses!

You can do it!
  • ShoeGal81
    ShoeGal81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    31 year old who Works Full Time and goes to school full time...

Last week of my semester and I have also faced some realities. My 10 pound weight gain from where I was this summer to begin with :sad:

looks like we can both use a new KICK START! Feel free to Add me :-))
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    The accountability factor is great! Feel free to add me if you'd like.

I work full time, have two kids, and a small second job. working out is tough but I do it (even if not always as Often as I'd like).

Do you have a program you really like? Most need something that is "FUN" to really stick with it.

Nancy
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar place - laziness is trying to take hold again. Remember that story, The Phantom Tollbooth? I'm in the Doldrums.

Once recognized, the only thing I can do is step back into a healthy pattern, and come up with creative solutions to fight back against my propensity to slack.
  • one15ts
    Options
    i'm about to take my last final. hope we can all be buddies. :)
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    It's never too late! Any time is a good time to make a healthy change. Healthy eating & fitness seems to have its highs & lows... Days where you'll be really into tracking food & working out, and days where you'll skip the journal & prefer sitting at home all day. That's okay, that's normal. No one is Super Woman and eats perfect all the time. The important part is that you put your low days behind you & keep getting back up to try again :)

Good luck! And congrats on getting through your exams!