Never had this problem before..?

Options
Iam logging all my food and exercise into here and it says Im not eating enough.My target cal.1280 and I don't eat anywere near that everyday does anyone have any suggestions? I just do not get as hungry as I used to.How often are you supposed to eat I have heard alot of different things I don't know what to believe anymore it seems that everything that was good for me last week is bad for me this week.Any suggestions are appreciated.

And add me as a friend I have no friends and I want friends..LOL

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Iam logging all my food and exercise into here and it says Im not eating enough.My target cal.1280 and I don't eat anywere near that everyday does anyone have any suggestions? I just do not get as hungry as I used to.How often are you supposed to eat I have heard alot of different things I don't know what to believe anymore it seems that everything that was good for me last week is bad for me this week.Any suggestions are appreciated.

And add me as a friend I have no friends and I want friends..LOL

How often and when you eat doesn't matter. Eat small meals all day long, eat all/most of your calories in one meal, eat in the morning, eat at night. None of it will make much difference, unless you've been instructed by a doctor to eat at regular intervals for medical reasons. The total calories and how nutritious those calories are matters. Eat to your target. If you exercise (and you definitely should), eat more. Make sure you hit your protein and fat goals.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you have no friends

Try eating more calorie dense foods like nuts or candy
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Try and get nutritious dence rich foods, nuts are the first thing that comes to mind.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about hunger, just eat.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    nuts, avocado, whole milk foods, cheese, ice cream, chocolate, wine . . . these are all things I eat when I need more calories.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    What type/quantity of food were you eating before you joined and/or started watching what you ate? You do not want to continue this way for a long time. I suggest the same as those above, eat foods that are more calorie dense. Try boosting your calories at all of your meals. For example, if you normally eat oatmeal for breakfast, add a small handful of chopped walnuts and dried fruit or something. You want really feel like you are eating more but you will be getting appropriate calories/nutrients. Hope this helps!

Edited to add: There is no set number of times to eat. What works for me is to eat smallish meals so I can eat snacks throughout the day because I have low blood sugar and get crazy if I don't eat for too long!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Nuts, seeds, cocoa/ dark chocolate, avocados, olives, block creamed coconut, oily fish - all nutritious, all contain a reasonable amount of calories per serving. Hunger is not your body prewarning you it is dinner time, it is your body saying you are failing to give it what it needs.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What's your height/weight/activity level?

If you're a petite, sedentary woman, you might be fine as you are. Otherwise, I'd say up your protein and fats to give your metabolism a boost.
  • kblpn
    kblpn Posts: 32
    Options
    Plan meals ahead, set alarms, eat every two hours. lots of veggies, steamer bags are my new best friend.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    what everyone else has already said: eat more often, plan meals ahead of time, have 2 pieces of toast in the morning (if you were to eat toast) add peanut butter to bananas, apples, bread, ect.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Do you log everything that goes in your mouth? Including fruits, vegetables and drinks?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    are you logging condiments, salt, cheese, mayo, etc?
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    nuts, avocado, whole milk foods, cheese, ice cream, chocolate, wine . . . these are all things I eat when I need more calories.

^^^^ THIS. :smile: