Gluten Free and/or Sugar Free friends??

Options
Hi There,

I am looking for female friends who eat gluten free and/or sugar free. Would be great to share recipe and meal ideas and just general support. I only just started on gluten and sugar free yesterday....so I have a tough few weeks ahead of me!

:-)

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Why?

From OP's profile. Honestly Merc, you didn't even try.

Going gluten free. Why? I have IBS and am ALWAYS in some sort of pain or discomfort. I hope that giving up gluten will solve this.

Giving up sugar. I feel like sugar has control over me. I want to get control back. So it's going. The only sugar I want to eat is from a fruit, a veg or quality dairy.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Sorry honey about the trolls. I love you with or without the sugar.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I try to eat mostly clean, but I sneak in some gluten here and there.

However, jofjltncb6 is very knowledgeable in this area and is always more than willing to help. :flowerforyou:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

However, jofjltncb6 is very knowledgeable in this area and is always more than willing to help. :flowerforyou:
    I'd also like to throw DavPul in there as well. Incredibly supportive and knowledgeable on a gluten/sugar free lifestyle.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

Yes! i agree! He is so knowledgeable especially in all things PALEO, and he NEVER cheats! Very inspirational. He would be a great add if you are gluten/sugar free.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

I'd also like to throw DavPul in there as well. Incredibly supportive and knowledgeable on a gluten/sugar free lifestyle.

Also, acg67 is paleo and would probably be able to give you tons of tips.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    The holidays are throwing me off, but normally I eat gluten free, cuz I have an intolerance to it.
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeeeee! Me me me me me lol.

I occasionally will have a bite of cookie or something, but have been gluten/sugar-free for a little over a month. I feel SO! MUCH! BETTER! :) I will not get into the migraines and gastrointestinal distress stories here. ;-)

Add me, if you like!
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I eat Primal / Paleo, which basically means I am gluten and sugar free. Although I occasionally eat fruit and 72% cacao dark chocolate. :)
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Why?

From OP's profile. Honestly Merc, you didn't even try.

Going gluten free. Why? I have IBS and am ALWAYS in some sort of pain or discomfort. I hope that giving up gluten will solve this.

Giving up sugar. I feel like sugar has control over me. I want to get control back. So it's going. The only sugar I want to eat is from a fruit, a veg or quality dairy.

Thanks! :-) I was tested for Coeliacs about 9/10 years ago but it came back negative. I've since found out that the test can come back negative even if you have it. Given that I have it in my family, it is likely I actually do have it. If I don't see any results in 3 months then maybe it's not an issue....I have a feeling I will see results though.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Also, acg67 is paleo and would probably be able to give you tons of tips.

LOL. :noway:
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Join the Paleo/Primal support group on here. Lots of women, all striving for gluten and added-sugars free. All for different reasons... some due to Celiacs or gluten sensitivity, some due to IBS, or just trying to eat whole foods without lots of added stuff.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Once gluten is out of your system you will not miss it. It has been 2 years for me now and I feel great and believe myself to be the healthiest I have ever been at 41 years of age. :) Feel free to add me if you need some support :)
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I try to go Gluten free but have been struggling lately. I do notice a big difference though when I stick to it.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Paleo takes too many food groups out and the name alone is ridiculous. Of course do what you like, but I say find what works for you without some diet telling you what you can and cannot eat. Just my 2 cents. You can be a clean healthy eater without doing the paleo nonsense.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I'm about 99% gluten free, but I am not sugar free by an means. Happy to have a new friend if you'd like.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Didn't even realise people were being sarcastic until a few people pointed out.

Doesn't bother me though. If I am going gluten free because I most likely have Coeliacs Disease and definitely have IBS...then that's a good enough reason for me, don't give a flying *kitten* if it's not a good enough reason for someone else.

I have also chosen to give up processed junk like chocolates and biscuits and lollies....because it's crap and has no nutritional value and I eat it even when I'm not hungry and then feel like **** and get really bad IBS pains.

Is it really that stupid of me to give something a go that might stop me from living in constant discomfort and pain? I don't think so.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like, I'm gluten free and rarely eat any sugar. It takes a little geting used to, but once you get the hang of what to watch out for it's really easy.

I still eat rice and am not strict Paleo, but do use a lot of the Paleo recipes as it's easier than converting everything else myself.

ETA - there is no health reason not to give it a try. 30 to 60 days and you'll know if not before.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    You likely just have an intolerance to gluten. It seems to be more prevalent these days. Celiac's is actually very rare.

I am GF because of an intolerance but I do eat sugar. GF cupcakes are really yummy.

Oh, also - this group might be helpful... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/112-gluten-free