Fibromalgia

Options
Lokking for someone who can relate to fibromalgia, I was doing good on weight loss, then did a dead stop, meds had been changed, body pain as been at 10 or more. What are you doing to cope ? Do you try natural meds ? Looked at other web-sites & noticed that women deal with it the most.. Have yet to see if men are dealing with it.

Replies

• Not only do I have fibro, but I also have EDS and Lupus too. My pain was unreal, but it's getting better. Add me if you want.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have fibro. It hurts but i push through it because otherwise i wouldnt be able to get off the couch to get to the gym!
  • crbf
    crbf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have severe chronic pain, which is similar. I've gained so much weight from meds and inability to exercise. What I do is take my time. Even if I can only do 5 min at a time, I take a break until I'm well enough to start again. Throughout the day, I'm able to slowly reach my exercise goal. To cope with the pain, sometimes I do some meditation/relaxation cds, reading, or watching my favorite comedy shows. I did try all natural meds, but for me, there was no relief. Hope this helps!
  • judykaycowan
    Options
    I have just joined today..............and have read all the fibro posts. I've suffered for 16 years and still have pain. I am also a retired nurse. I have these things to tell you about MY experience with fibro/chronic fatigue:

Every fibro person is different and will not respond to the same treatment as another fibro person will.

YES, sleep is very very very important.

It took me years to believe this but yes, you have to keep moving every day even if it is only minutes at a time. Let's face it....you are going to hurt if you stay still or if you get up and move.............so move

I have tried ALL the meds and techniques etc and have found these to be most beneficial to me. (Keep in mind they may not be beneficial to all) 1) massage therapy 2) chiropractor adjustments 3)daily naps or even rest periods 4)muscle relaxers and some pain meds 5)nutritional supplements...

Hope this helps and would love hearing how you are dealing with fibro and weight management....because I have 60 pounds to loose.................