Tuna help

Options
I need tuna lunch recepies! I am trying something new ;) I don't like anything with mayo though or dressings :/

Replies

• Mix a tin of tuna with one egg white, chopped celery, green onion and add enough breadcrumbs to hold together. Make a couple patties. Fry in non-stick pan sprayed with Pam. Serve with salad or over 1/2 a burger bun with a dill pickle. Make several and freeze. Nuke for lunch. Hope you like them.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Mix a tin of tuna with one egg white, chopped celery, green onion and add enough breadcrumbs to hold together. Make a couple patties. Fry in non-stick pan sprayed with Pam. Serve with salad or over 1/2 a burger bun with a dill pickle. Make several and freeze. Nuke for lunch. Hope you like them.

That sounds soooooo good! X
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Green salad with tuna and chickpeas. Drizzle with a little olive oil and a little lemon juice, mix well. Delicious! And surprisingly filling.

Tuna on saltine crackers. Soo good. Mixing a little mustard, sour cream, or greek yogurt into the tuna will moisten it and help it stick together better.

Tuna mixed with your favorite salsa on toast (lightly buttered or no) it's like ceviche!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I need tuna lunch recepies! I am trying something new ;) I don't like anything with mayo though or dressings :/

Replace the mayo with plain Greek yogurt. Add crumbled pecans, almonds or any other nut, chopped celery, a little bit of mustard (maybe spice brown), and dried cranberries. Mash everything together and spread on your favorite bread or rice cakes. You can also do a “tuna melt” by adding a slice of cheese and toasting the sandwich in the oven until the cheese is melted.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    tuna + tzatziki sandwich
    tuna + mustard sandwich
    greek salad + tuna
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Put it in a small tortilla wrap with diced avocado, fresh salsa, and some lettuce. Easy and delicious!

Edit to add: And cheese!! Who could forget the cheese?!
  • Revupy
    Options
    The other day I made 1 can of star kiss low sodium white albacore, crumbled feta cheese, 4 Greek Kalmata olives, Sun dried tomato dipping oil, vinegar and some chopped onion.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    *bump* for future reference
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • StephCoff1969
    Options

Smash up an avocado, add onion, hot peppers, tomatoes, and the tuna... It will be creamy with out the may.... I did this the other day and put it on top of a baby spinach salad.. It was really yummy..
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    32119199.jpg
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I make like tuna quesadilla my version is.. I heat up the frying pan spray with pam, put my tortilla wrap down. I spread out tuna ( I like the lemon pepper one ) and them i put layer of spinach and avocado and then I sprinkle with shredded cheese and then i fold over top of the wrap and heat on both side until brown. Cut into triangles when i'm done cooking it. Enjoy !
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My tunapatties:
    150g Tuna in brine
    2 tbp potato flour
    4 tbsp water
    2 tbsp chopped chives
    2 tsp thyme
    2 tsp rosemary
    2 tsp oregano
    salt & pepper

Run the tuna in a mixer/blender until finely chopped(looks sort of like ground meat).
    Mix the tuna, chives and spices.
    Mix in the potato flour. Add the water. Salt & pepper to taste.
    Shape into 4 tuna patties.
    Spray/brush a pan with non-stick/butter.
    Fry the patties on medium or medium high for a few minutes on each side.

These burgers are packed with flavour and they're not dry at all which surprised me since tuna in brine is usually pretty dry on its own.

Oh, and 2 patties are about 125 kcal, 19 g protein, 10 g carbs and 1 g fat.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm so easy, I like it best with just a squirt of brown mustard.
  • darloeye
    Options
    Mix tuna with salad cream spread on bread and grill till toastie brown.
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Mix a tin of tuna with one egg white, chopped celery, green onion and add enough breadcrumbs to hold together. Make a couple patties. Fry in non-stick pan sprayed with Pam. Serve with salad or over 1/2 a burger bun with a dill pickle. Make several and freeze. Nuke for lunch. Hope you like them.

BUMP!
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    tuna + tzatziki sandwich
    tuna + mustard sandwich
    greek salad + tuna

Omgosh - I love tzatiki sauce. And I thought I was a crazy one liking tuna with mustard. Don't care for mayo at all. Have recently been mashing avocado with tuna and pretzel chips.
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

YUM !! I am gonna try this, thanks !