A little bummed - come on, just a pound??

Options
Have worked so hard for the last 2 weeks. Eating well, burning calories well. Desparate to get below 160. Have been at 160 for more than 2 weeks. Was certain today will be the day! Show me a 159.9, please!! Nope. Still 160.0. Come on!!!!!!!!! Still? Really? After 2 weeks of zumba and walking and weights and salads and tilapia and tuna and progresso soup? Come on - throw me a freakin bone here! Lol.... OK, I'm TRYING to LOL. I know it'll happen. And yes, my jeans actually DO feel better this morning than they have for the last few casual Fridays. I know that's important, but sometimes you need a little pick-me-up with a new and better number. Sigh. Thanks for letting me vent.

Replies

• JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    I KNOW this may not make you feel better, but I've been trying to remember "at least I didn't GAIN any weight" when I don't see the numbers go down. Also, are you taking measurements? I've noticed I lost inches before actual pounds... your body is probably building some muscle! Hang in there... you're doing great :flowerforyou:
  • dgirish33
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Check back in another 2 weeks and I am sure you will start seeing a difference on the scale! Remember to drink your water every day!
  • LosingLori
    Options
    I agree...I try to think that it is better than gaining. You should also read the post from someone this morning title "FOR THOSE OF US ON A PLATEAU READ THIS" (or something like that:tongue: ). It has some really good information to think about and says that plateaus usually do last about three weeks, unfortunately.

Stick with it...you can do it!!!!
  • HawkeyeGuy
    HawkeyeGuy Posts: 183
    Options
    Change your focus! Remember this is myFITNESSpal.com not myWEIGHTLOSSpal.com. Losing weight isn't always the best idea at the beginning on your fitness program. If you're eating well, and pushing your body, it's going to compensate by building some dense, heavy muscle on that skeletal frame. So, if you're building muscle, but staying the same weight, something must be going away to keep the scale even...hmmm, yep, body fat.

So, now two weeks later you probably have an extra couple pounds of muscle and a couple less pounds of fat. And what's so special about that muscle? Not only is it flat out sexy when you shed the fat around it, it does what fat doesn't - burns calories to maintain itself. Yep, now even when you're not working out, that new found muscle your body has built is eating up extra calories - and guess where you get those calories: either from damn tasty healthy food you can have a bit more of, or if you skip the extra food, from that flabby fat that's covering up those new muscles!

So, in the long run that scale can come in handy...but for now, relish the fact that you're building a foundation for LONG-TERM weight loss. If you want short-term results, pop one of the latest pills, or only eat broth for a week. You're doing it right, and if you stick to the plan, you can get FIT - and stay that way. Screw the scale. Now go work out.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Could I lose that pound FOR you? I'd celebrate for joy!!

Haven't lost a pound since 08/26/09.:sad:
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    are you eating all your calories? i can not lose weight unless i am eating back all those calories.
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    All i can suggest, is to try jacking up your calories a wee bit. Like,not including your workout calories (Just your base) add like 250 or something.

I was stuck at 49lbs lost for like 4 weeks then I added 500 HEALTHY calories for four days and wham, lost like 2 lbs. (500 might be a bit much for you, so make sure you pick appropriately for you!)
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If you want short-term results, pop one of the latest pills, or only eat broth for a week. You're doing it right, and if you stick to the plan, you can get FIT - and stay that way. Screw the scale. Now go work out.

LOL at Hawkeye Guy. Good points. And: quit my whining. :laugh:
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Excellent points, all. Thanks. I did go check out that post on another board about Jillian Michaels' advice when stuck at a plauteau. Excellent advice and with your posts and that info giving me food for thought (oh, haha). I definitely have NOT been eating all my added work out calories. I may need to bump it up a bit, make sure to get in all my water and change up my workouts a bit. OK. I'm on that! Thanks to all! :smile:
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Look at the sodium on your progresso. might be in for a shock.

btw - I've been doing this for 6 weeks and nada in weight loss. finally figured it out last night... I've been ridiculously inconsistent. Check your reports and see how you're doing in that department.
  • pixietwilight
    pixietwilight Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Water , Water, Water, - If i don't drink at least 10 glasses a day, the scale won't budge. As soon as I up my water intake it takes off. I have experienced this 3 times. So drink up.

good luck
  • wahead02
    wahead02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Girl, don't let it get you down! All that work hasn't gone to waste AND you don't need me to tell you that! You probably have built a little bit of muscle with all that exercise! Don't get discouraged! Keep on keeping on.....love you!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Could I lose that pound FOR you? I'd celebrate for joy!!

Haven't lost a pound since 08/26/09.:sad:

LOL stormie, was thinking the same thing!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Have worked so hard for the last 2 weeks. Eating well, burning calories well. Desparate to get below 160. Have been at 160 for more than 2 weeks. Was certain today will be the day! Show me a 159.9, please!! Nope. Still 160.0. Come on!!!!!!!!! Still? Really? After 2 weeks of zumba and walking and weights and salads and tilapia and tuna and progresso soup? Come on - throw me a freakin bone here! Lol.... OK, I'm TRYING to LOL. I know it'll happen. And yes, my jeans actually DO feel better this morning than they have for the last few casual Fridays. I know that's important, but sometimes you need a little pick-me-up with a new and better number. Sigh. Thanks for letting me vent.

Your new at this..........your body is adjusting. I remember in the beginning I lost nothing......NOTHING for 2 weeks.......then 3 pounds all at once!!

So wait for it....................waaaait for it................

:laugh: