Sugar????

Options
Ok, ive noticed that i get alot more sugar than what mfp suggests.... I usually have around 65-100grams of sugar a day (says i should only have 27grams), but im staying within my calorie goals. So my question is this, should i be taking in less sugar or subtracting sugars that come from fruit and vegs??? i eat and apple a day and usually also a banana.... just the 2 of them have my recommended amounts for sugar a day!!! Im a little confused by all this.... I've lost 3.5lbs since joining site a little over 2 weeks ago, if i cut out more sugar would i lose weight faster, or should i just keep doing what im doing???? Thanks for any info you guys may have on this!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• washingtonn
    Options
    GiGi

A lot of us have that same problem, if you just go to the search box on the message board and type in Too Much Sugar you with see recent post from the rest of us with this same problem. I hope this helps

Nina
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I would like to know too! I ate pineapple this morning and that was half my days allowance. If I get in the reccomended daily allowance for fruit everyday I would be way way over!
  • foxywife75
    foxywife75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My sugar intake is extremly important to me. You should stay away from foods that have had sugar added to them & HFC's (high fructose corn syrups). If you are reading your food lables you will notice that a great deal of packaged foods have these indgredients in them & the amounts are very high. Try to eat food that have only 4 g or less sugar in it. On an average I'm about 10 - 30 g over my daily intake but I know that ALL of my sugar was natural sugar (came from the whole foods that I ate).
    Have you ever noticed how much sugar is in protein bars? I almost died when I read the labels to see on an average it's 20 -35 g and the sugars & HFC were all within the first 5 ingredients.
    I've focused on removing all refined sugar & HFC's from my diet & I've had a 15 lb weight loss within 4 weeks (that was with no exercise). I've stopped putting sugar in my coffee & traded it for splenda. Focus on natuaral sugars, they slowly release into your body unlike refined sugars that flood your bloodstream with sugar . You will find that your sugar intake will drop significantly.
    Hope this helps you out :flowerforyou: