What Do You Do For Extra Money?

Options
abetterluke
abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
Ok I'm fully aware that the first 15 posts of this thread will be jokes about hooking.

But seriously...what do you guys do on the side for extra cash? I make a decent living but I find myself needing some extra income at times...nothing huge but if I could make a few thousand a year I'd be happy. I've been doing some of the paid survey sites lately to see what I can squeeze out of those but there are very few legitimate ones. Also thinking about doing some ebay stuff...

Does anyone do anything different?

Replies

• mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Teaching Jiu-Jitsu, boxing, MMA pays pretty good side money.

I am coaching High school wrestling now, but this is more for the love of the sport rather than money.....
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I also teach fitness- I am a Zumba instructor- often I have more work than I can handle - and its so much fun- I forget I am getting paid until I see an extra deposit in my bank account-lol! :)

And I decided to get licensed to teach because I wanted no excuses to not work out- who knew I'd be whopping butt and getting paid!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I sell over priced and over hyped protein shakes...Need a hook up?
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good question! I will be interested to hear people's ideas!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I sell things on a garage sale site on FB. Running out of **** to sell though. I need to start buying BOO
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    bump for later
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'll find stuff for really cheap at garage sales and sell them for more online.
  • JCulp19
    Options
    i do mturk. it is thru amazon and you just do small little task that people post. I don't make much when I actually do it for an hour straight ill make around $5 which isnt bad for just sitting on your butt, but i get bored easily.

www.mturk.com
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I work 70 hours a week. I'm salaried. I would LOVE to...no, no I really wouldn't like an extra earning job.

My favorite times of the year is when I work/travel because I'm contracted at time and a half over 40 hours and I average 70-100 hours a week. So maybe I make up my income by traveling.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    photography and tech consultation / repair here.
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm a Beachbody coach which has made me a bit of extra money... it's been nice around Christmastime!
  • indietreasure
    Options
    I twerk too. A good place to find legit HITS is http://www.reddit.com/r/HITsWorthTurkingFor/

:)
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I go to a local horse barn and muck out stalls on the weekend.
  • preacheraflame
    Options
    odd jobs here and there, mostly in carpentry.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'll find stuff for really cheap at garage sales and sell them for more online.

I do this as well, but mostly with vintage/collectible toys.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I wash my parents' dog or car

I do housekeeping chores for family members

I babysit my niece twice a week

I am the go-to choice of several families for house sitting and babysitting

I do simple tailoring jobs for friends and family, mainly hemming pant and jeans

I sew aprons and blankets to sell, or my mom pays me to make some to give as gifts

I USED to donate plasma twice a week, (but now I don't weigh enough to be eligible).

I'm also an occasional respite provider for a young Down's Syndrome boy.

It doesn't sound like much, but it actually adds up fast, and I hardly ever need to ask my husband for clothes money :)
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I would like to sell weed but my wife won't let me. And I'm not really liking the way the risk/reward scenarios play out in my head.

I guess my answer is nothing.....
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I just work an actual second job at a low stress place, where the work is mindless.
  • ovrsped
    ovrsped Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I get up early before work and run a paper route. Of course, the toughest part is no days off from the paper route.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I do private weight training sessions by appointment.

Just kidding. But this is something I might like to pursue some day.