being extra emotional

Options
2»

Replies

• BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    They say horomones are stored in your fat cells, and as you burn that fat they are released into your system. When I lost a lot of weight previously I seemed to have a surge of emotional tendencies. That could be ONE contributing factor.
    OMG SO TRU I GET ACID FLASHBACKS WHENEVER I EXERSIZ OMG
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    They say horomones are stored in your fat cells, and as you burn that fat they are released into your system. When I lost a lot of weight previously I seemed to have a surge of emotional tendencies. That could be ONE contributing factor.

0aHoT.gif

xxuxW.gif

fJ5jj.gif

RAC1J.gif

mvBNt.gif
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

0aHoT.gif

xxuxW.gif

fJ5jj.gif

RAC1J.gif

mvBNt.gif

I think this is as clear as it gets.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

0aHoT.gif

xxuxW.gif

fJ5jj.gif

RAC1J.gif

mvBNt.gif

I think this is as clear as it gets.

Subtlety has never been one of my strong points. :grumble:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Yeah.

This happens to me too. Less and less over the years since I reached a much healthier weight and level of activity. But I didn't realize how much of my real feelings I no longer allowed myself to experience, how much I suppressed beyond my own reach.

As I peeled away the layers physically, I was emotionally vulnerable, exposed and left to handle it because I was no longer hidden. I was facing stuff. And sometimes it still leaves me feeling brutally raw to the world, just for allowing myself to have an authentic moment true to myself. Its foreign and intense at times, but as you make yourself stronger physically - you will also find yourself getting stronger emotionally and mentally.

So this is good all around. Take a minute, let it out, face your demons cause you're a badass and get a little bit stronger each time.
  • yoovie
    Options
    :frown: killed thread
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It could also just be the time of year. People experience a lot of emotions around the holidays. You reflect on the end of the year and what you did or didn't do throughout or you miss people that are no longer with us. Plus, the cold and the darkness can affect you negatively. I know that it does for me. Or just the fact that you want to indulge and you are on this path so you tell yourself that you can't have the treats and stuff that used to be a trademark of the holidays. I know that I get depressed if I make it a sacrifice in my mind instead of a victory over the food. Emotions aren't bad. And releasing them can be good in the long run because you let the bad go so that you can move forward.
  • mbrocksocks
    mbrocksocks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Woah woah woah, simmer down now. This is really what I was trying to get at. And please place emphasis on COULD in my post. http://www.theiflife.com/fat-loss-101-master-the-basics/

I'm sure better time finding an article proving me horrendously wrong would have been more helpful to the person who created the post then just being childish. I would have been delighted with a simply "sorry not true"
  • mbrocksocks
    mbrocksocks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/380208-is-estrogen-released-when-belly-fat-is-lost/

This also explains a bit where I was coming from, and yes the way I worded my advice was wrong
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    OMG SO TRU I GET ACID FLASHBACKS WHENEVER I EXERSIZ OMG

OMFG YOU MEAN I WONT! I thought as I got closer to my high school weight I would start getting to do all the drugs again! Like a second chance! IT WAS MY ONLY REASON FOR DOING CARDIO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • yoovie
    Options
    Woah woah woah, simmer down now. This is really what I was trying to get at. And please place emphasis on COULD in my post. http://www.theiflife.com/fat-loss-101-master-the-basics/

I'm sure better time finding an article proving me horrendously wrong would have been more helpful to the person who created the post then just being childish. I would have been delighted with a simply "sorry not true"

I dont remember the name of my 7th grade science textbook.

but I did stop and help. I decided to share some personal experience instead of some wild sorcery. because I read that article you quoted and what you said was not in that article.
  • GatorGirl0890
    GatorGirl0890 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

but I did stop and help. I decided to share some personal experience instead of some wild sorcery. because I read that article you quoted and what you said was not in that article.

I think it's pretty clear that mbrocksocks wasn't referring to your post or the other similarly helpful, insightful posts, but rather the ones that just acted disgusted by the article she posted.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    OP- How is your nutrition and exercise? I suspect your original idea is right- that you've lost your primary coping mechanism, but it could also be affected by diet (particularly if you're undereating significantly), and getting regular exercise could help you deal a little better, if you aren't already exercising.

Diet has been erratic as of late. and exercise has been almost non existant the past month. Getting back on track with both now that I am on vacation.
  • yoovie
    Options

I think it's pretty clear that mbrocksocks wasn't referring to your post or the other similarly helpful, insightful posts, but rather the ones that just acted disgusted by the article she posted.

really?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

really?

I think so...
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    My whoremones ARE stored in my fat cells. You don't know my body. As I get skinnier, I get sluttier. Prove me wrong.

I actually laughed out loud.