staring problem

Options
2»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    No one is staring at you.
    You are not the big deal you think you are, nor are you the center of all things.

You only have this illusion because of your belief in your own self-importance.

Get over yourself.

*dies laughing* I'm sorry, but...yeah...I do agree with this. I don't care if you think I'm mean, but..it does ring a bit true..lmao
  • DarkHours
    DarkHours Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No one is staring at you.
    You are not the big deal you think you are, nor are you the center of all things.

You only have this illusion because of your belief in your own self-importance.

Get over yourself.

is your nickname Sunshine?

Yes.

That and "Sweet Cheeks."

Because I'm so damn delightful at parties.
  • TillyMomma
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's just paranoia--I used to feel like this at times. But, I also just looked at your pics (hope you don't mind), and you are beautiful! Maybe that's why they are looking at you?
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Ha these comments are hilarious thanks the ones who gave me a nice comment i really dont care what you think, its my pet peive im sure you have one of your own!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    thatwasareallylongsentenceatleastyouputspacesinbetweenthewordsorelseitwouldnothavebeeneasytounderstandandnowimjusttypingwordstomakethissentencelongeriwonderifanyonewilltrytoreadithaha :devil:
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Contort your face in the weirdest way possible, then keep staring at them like that until they look away.
  • teryx123
    teryx123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    People aren't looking AT you, they are looking THROUGH you. You are invisible.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I get stared at every time I leave my apartment, I live in Taipei (Taiwan)

I'm different and I love it :happy:
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You should understand some things about people's default behavior. Evolutionarily speaking, we are to a large extent pattern recognition processors. Our eyes are probably our most developed of the 5 senses because it was necessary for survival. The animal that could identify the good red fruit from the poisonous red fruit lived. It was important for our ancestors to see predators coming from a great distance away, because we didn't run as good as them, but we were vertical, and could climb trees. Predators could hide in the tall grass and blend in with their fur patterns. We needed very acute optical abilities, color differentation, high resolution, in order to see them and survive.

People look at things. They stare, they make judgements about everything, consciously or not. It's some of our most low level programming if you will. Understand also that almost nobody looks at people with the intent of coming to a negative conclusion, we are just naturally interested in looking at things and making decisions about objects and events. Realizing all this you can then say, well, if people are looking at me that's just what humans do.

At the gym I'm very aware of how people's gaze can make things more awkward and uncomfortable and being aware of that I do my best not to contribute to it. So I don't look at people, and I'm very forgiving when people are looking at me. I know that a certain significant percentage just can't help it. It's in their nature, they're gonna look.

I say don't worry about it. Lots of people of all different shapes and sizes out there and you could say there are many of us who take our gift of vision for granted.