Congratulations To Me !!

Options
tenajh
tenajh Posts: 208 Member
Logged in 25 minutes on the treadmil 3.5 to 6 MPH, with some incline -- for the first time today !!!! May not seem like much to some, but to those who know me, know that this is miraculous. Wheelchair and walker bound a yr and a half ago from Mulitple Sclerosis, in and out of hospitals and surgeries ( 7 total ). I wasn't given a lot of hope to survive but a couple of years, have a lesion near my brain stem and have a hard time controlling BP and HR, especially with activity, and in general was spending all but a couple hrs on couch or bed. Now I am living a different story and am proud I did not give up on myself.
I am not too patient and it is hard to take baby steps, but I will, Hr did get up to 175, but I will get stronger and so will the heart and when it does, I am giving my pacemaker back. Yeah, I am feeling really good right now. Thank You MFP, I have all the support and motivation I need to get back into shape :drinker:

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    That's such a blessing! It's amazing what you can achieve when you believe in yourself. Job well done
  • Lauralee119
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!!!
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    You've overcome obstacles that are bigger than the hurdles most people have to jump over in life... you're amazing and keep up the good work! Thanks for not giving up ~ your determination is an inspiration!
  • Adri_B_12
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! That is absolutely amazing and it makes me smile to know that you have accomplished such a milestone. This should be motivation to everyone on here, I know that it is going to make me push that much harder in my next workout....the next one is for you :-) I am so happy for you!!!! Congrats once again!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you indeed! Great job and keep up the great work!
  • HazelChase
    HazelChase Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! Totally awesome! You go, girl!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Yes congratulations to you. You should spoil yourself a little if you haven't already :)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are a living miracle!! Please do not forget that! Congratulations on everything you have done!! :flowerforyou:
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    And you should be proud of yourself!! Good Job!!
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! Such a blessing, and such perspective. Much luck to you!
  • LadieTink
    LadieTink Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are to others! Thanks for sharing & keep up the good work!!
  • leanlucyluu87
    Options
    First, that is an incredible story so Congratulation is most certainly in order for you!!! :D Great job and keep up the incredible work! :)
  • 2tang
    2tang Posts: 44
    Options
    You are AWESOME...congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!