short girls, what size jeans?

Options

Replies

• JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3", 146 lbs & wear a size 9, tight 7. my starting weight after pregnancy was 172lbs and i wore a 13! i think it really depends on your body and build. everyone's different so don't worry. My goal is to be a size 5. Last time I was a 5 I weighed 130 but we'll see now that I have mommy hips, I may need to shoot for 120! HAHA! :tongue: Good luck to you!
  • susyseq
    susyseq Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and a size 6 ladies. If I go to the juniors it would be a 9 it depends on the brand and cut
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently about 145 pounds. I wear a 10/11. Funny how a previous poster said that she's 5'3 and roughly same weight and wears a 6/8. Just goes to show how we are all so different, even if we're same height and weight. I also have wide hips (39 inches) compared to my waist (29.5). So for me jeans tend to be tight in my hips/butt and loose in the waist. I only wear mid-low rise styles so that could be the reason as well. I may have a size 8 waist but no way are my hips gonna fit into those....at least not yet! :wink:
  • Reverie09
    Reverie09 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the responses! You have know idea how much better it makes me feel seeing such a wide range of sizes for the same weights! I was seriously starting to think there was something wrong with me lol. Sometimes I think this weight loss journey is making me twice as critical on myself as I used to be.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    im 5'2" and 176 and in a size 12
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    5'0", 131 lbs, size 4.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    5'3" at my current weight, 151 I am a loose 8 tight 6. At 141 and lifting weights I am a size 4 in any brand and some juniors size 5's. at 135 it gets weird, can still wear the 4, but can fit some juniors 3's and if the pants run big like Old Navy I can wear a 2 which is just stupid. Every body is different, I have a small waist in proportion to my butt and when i get really ripped from weights I get really frustrated because to fit my butt the waist is always too big and gaps.

I have the same issue with lifting - pants fit strangely - my legs are muscular, butt sticks out, but smaller waist.
  • Babydollk
    Babydollk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 (16 years) and I wear a 3/5. I weigh 155 pounds, so I don't know how that works. It took me a while to start dropping sizes, at 180 I was a 7/9. It all depends really.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and weigh 150 and fit nicely in 12 (10 could work but too tight for comfort). When I started I was 182 and size 16 so dropped two pant sizes with 32-pounds. At my lowest weight years ago I was 105-lbs and a size 2, so 45 pounds lighter and 5 sizes smaller. It seems to relate to aging too, and a big tummy as well as butt/thighs. I'd like to drop another 20-25 lbs and two more pant sizes if possible. While I'd love to be a size 4 or 6, I think that ship has done sailed.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft and a UK size 6
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    I am 6ft and size 12 ...

oh wait U MAD SIS!?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft and size 12 ...

oh wait U MAD SIS!?

Heh heh heh...
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    mm why did you laugh?? alright this is making me feel fat...i am leavin!
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and started out at 141 lbs and wearing size 27-28 (US 5-6 depending on brand) jeans and am now 105 lbs and wearing size 24 jeans (US 0-2, again depends on brand). It's taken all year, but I'm almost where I want to be.
  • lirr10185
    lirr10185 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Jean sizes defiantly changed for me after two kids and two c sections. Fitting into a bigger size is much better looking than squeezing into a smaller one.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Meh...clothing size is a pretty subjective number. Depends on manufacturer,materials used(ie spandex) etc, also different people feel comfortable in bigger or smaller sizes. Find the brand, style and size that suits YOU best, wear that, and be happy that you are getting fit!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, weigh around 124 and wear a size 6 jeans. I started off somewhere around 170 and wore a snug 14/16. I carry most of my weight in my butt/thighs/hips which I actually like now...but while I was heaving and while I was loosing.... ugh. It took me good 10/15 pounds to loose a size at first, and then it got down to 8 pounds or so and then going from an 8 to a 6 was only like 5 pounds because it finally started coming off of my lower body.
  • GSPL_GRL
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and 215 lbs. the last jeans I bought - a month ago - were Walmart brand size 16.
    Each manufacturer / designer has a different size guide it seems.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I started out at 169 lbs size 12. Now I'm 132 lbs and size 8. I just went down to an 8 and I was a 10 forever. I have an hourglass shape-- my measurements are 36, 27, 37. I think it really does depend on what kind of jeans you buy and how you carry your weight.

ETA: I'm 5'4"
  • LaDonnaF
    LaDonnaF Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Brands vary in sizes. It also depends on the cut as another poster stated. I would go to a store where you know your size (they fit in a flattering way) with those jeans you love and make sure you try on the SAME pair in either the same size or one size smaller (if your current jeans are a little lose). That should tell you what you want to know. If you go to a different store and try on a pair of jeans you might be a larger size as the brand is different and/or the cut is different. You will not be the same size in skinny jeans as bootcut... or even the same bootcut size as straightleg.