Hot chocolate

Options
124»

Replies

• LSeales
    LSeales Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried the Nutella hot chocolate recipe? It was good but I couldn't stand to drink more than one cup. I also had it before I joined MFP. That would be a walk of shame for me logging that!
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How could a Brit adapt this? What is half and half? Would Cadbury's do? Would a few shots of baileys make it better?

This thread reminds me that I have a plan to eat a huge dessert and a Bailey's hot chocolate some time this week. Tomorrow might have to bethe day :happy:

"Half and half" is half milk, half cream. Funny, I've never thought about that being an American thing.
    And yeah, like someone else said, Bailey's makes everything better.

What decedance LOL. Agree that bailleys would be an interesting addition. Anyone worked out how many days calories a mug would be?

I'll stick with my Options Belgian Chocolate hot chocolate at 40 calories per mug.
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried the Nutella hot chocolate recipe? It was good but I couldn't stand to drink more than one cup. I also had it before I joined MFP. That would be a walk of shame for me logging that!

They have that?! O.o
  • LSeales
    LSeales Posts: 54 Member
    Options

They have that?! O.o

One cup of milk and 2 spoonfuls of Nutella in a saucepan over medium heat until blended. You could honestly get by with one spoonful. It is pretty rich.
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    my recipe is superior, because i am superior, wait no, mine is superior because it is full of booze. yes that's it.
    for each cup of full fat milk, 3 squares lindt 81% chocolate, one measure baileys Irish cream, one measure cointreau or other orange liquor. that's a mere 525 beeeeeeeeutiful calories. om nom nom.

oh and bailys now do a chocolate orange version which is savage altogether and would cut out the cointreau middleman.

edit to say that this alcohol mix makes a pretty nice coffee too, with a spoon of whipped cream on top.
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am disappointed with your choice of chocolate bars.....
    ^This.

Also, I really thought this thread was going to be a dedication to DavPul.

I'm seriously bumming.

BRB, that's a great idea.

*runs off to search for MoreBean13's new thread...*