4lb a week loss, inspire me, add me, encourage me!

Options
ok right, this week i have given 2 of my friends complete comtrol over my diet and they have come up ith this very strict diet around 700 calories a day till next monday (christmas eve) yesterday was my first day and i lost 1.5lb when i weighed this morning which i think is fantasic... yay me!! they have been doing this diet for a couple of months and have lost about 6st between them which is amazing, ive lost 10.5lb in 3 weeks already and am looking to really excell this as i want a stone by christmas, anyonw got any tips or inspiring words for me.... we had worked out that if i lost 4lb a week for 20 weeks i'd be 10stone by may 7th 2013 which is great i weigh 220lb atm which is big!I'd love to lose it sooner but dont want to be to drastic... Inspire me, add me, encourage me. thank you for taking the time to read my post, much love!!!!

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    You will not find many people here who will encourage you to not eat in order to lose weight at the unsustainable rate you are proposing.

I would suggest informing yourself and finding a more healthy and sustainable method by reading below:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

If you are interested in the type of damage you can do to your metabolism by pursuing this 700 calorie diet see the following links:
    This is a video explaining metabolic damage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk

There's also good article in the general section about someone who was eating 700 calories a day and still NOT losing because they had done so much damage to their systems.. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing.

Honestly you will need to re-think your expectation a little bit regarding how long it takes to lose weight. You didn't gain it overnight so really it's going to take a little while to lose it too. For those people like myself who have close to 100 or more to lose it's at least a year. Depending on how much weight you need to lose most people will give the following for healthy guidelines:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • Couldn't have said it better than the last person.

That's unreasonable. The weight you lost overnight would just be less food and fluid in your system.

Don't kill yourself, losing weight is not a race.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Silly way to lose weight and a recipe for disaster. You'll be malnourished and probably end up putting it back on because that isn't a sustainable lifestyle.
  • mommymeepa
    mommymeepa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First of all, I commend you for wanting to get healthy. It is so important to want to do this for yourself. I also applaud you for having friends that want to help. Support is so important.

However, I would be careful giving your diet over to them or anyone. It is very strict and unrealistic. That is not enough calories. Your body will go into starvation mode if you are not eating enough. I would never give my diet over to anyone. With that being said though, I am letting you know I work with a personal trainer who is also helping me with my nutrition and I have a counselor I meet with every week who helps me with the mental aspect of emotional eating. I also have several friends that support me and a huge support system on Facebook. I have a lot of people in my corner, but would NEVER give my diet over to any of them. I have to take control of it ultimately. No one can do it, but me. Just some thoughts.

I would talk to your doctor and see what they say about your plan. With the experience I have had with this I would believe it would be hard to find a doctor to ok this.
    Please be careful, you can do more damage than good if you are not careful.

Again, Great job getting started, just rethink the plan please. You will burn out, get sick, and slide back if you do this program too long. A healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. We didn't gain it overnight and we won't lose it overnight.

Take care.
    Melissa
  • GetDemGainz
    Options
    "Koldriana" hit it perfectly. I started a few months ago and seen amazing results (so I thought). Catch 22. While I did drop a considerable amount of weight quickly, I was doing other damage. It's hard because you want instant results. With the support and advice of a friend, I just started to up to my calories to a minimum of 1200 per day. Don't feel guilty and if you do just workout harder. You will feel differently and your body will thank you. Take it slow and give your body the calories and the fuel it needs. I promise you that you'll feel better and your workouts will be so much better. Good luck and UP THE CALORIES :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    psuLemon
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.