Replies

• eldarkangel
    eldarkangel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    boot cut
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    hello im 5'2 (16 years old) and 108lbs im a size 8 but sometimes size 8 is still too tight on me and leaves marks
    dont worry about it, it really all depends

I'm a smidgen shy of 5'1" and 118 pounds and I'm in an 8. I'm what's considered a "straight" shape so I'm thick in the middle. Always have been. The distance between my lowest rib and my hip bone is so short that there isn't room for much of a waist. In order to get a pair of jeans that looks good and fits correctly I have to get skinny jeans, mid rise.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Go to European style jeans where their measurements are in inches for waist and height - that way you know where you stand. So many brands have changed what the consider as sizes 8,10,12 etc. just to sell more jeans!!

I'm 5'4 at 146 and wear a 10 comfortably. I can fit my 8's again, but with a serious muffin top! :sad:
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    It really does depend on the manufacturer. I used to work at Aeropostale, and they told us that the jeans there were more fitted for preteen girls - no curves or anything. So, women with curves had to go up several sizes or not wear the jeans there. Just food for thought - just check out what target the store or brand is aiming at, and that may help you realize you're not a freak!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    it drives me insane the difference between jean brands and their sizes and the way they fit.
    50 years old 5 ' 2 --when I was my heaviest at 165 I was in 16/17/ 18's depending on brand.

Now 131 lbs same height

I can get arizona in size 13 to feel like they fit right
    nobo's I can get in an 11 ...but feel like they are sliding down my *kitten* ...but a 13 in them..too big

if I buy ruff hewns I can get in a size 8

drives me crazy!

ps if you don't mind paying extra money for jeans ..that is the one piece of clothing I will spend a little more money on -- ruff hewns (younkers) have the BEST FIT EVER...even at 165 I loved the way that brand of jeans hugged my curves and didn't slide down my *kitten*.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    (Fellow gnome) 5'0" @147 wearing a 6/ small. I don't want to go back to a 4, honestly. You'll get there. I was wearing a 18, XXL, and maturity clothes at my highest.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and at my heaviest of 235 I was wearing 18 womens. When i was around 200, I wore tight 14 womens or 16 misses. Now Im at 182 and I am in lose 14 misses. I can get the same brands 12 on but they muffin top pretty bad, so maybe in 10 lbs. I calculated (cause im a dork like that and from the looks of my measurements) that around 140 i should be in 8's. I have the larger boned frame if you go by the wrist measurement thing, wide hips and big butt, however i have always been muscular under the flub (or so i like to think).
  • chasfound
    chasfound Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My best friend is 5'5 and she weighs 190lbs. She wears a size 18 jean. I am 5'3, 232lbs and also wear a size 18 jean. I think it is honestly how you are proportioned. I am pretty even throughout my whole body so even though I am heavier it is very evenly distributed, she however is mostly neck to underwear line so her jean size is the same as mine. Dont get distraught you will get there!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    4'11". 140 pounds I wear a US size 6 or size 8 depending on brand. Medium shirts. I can wear small shirts but, if it is a button up shirt the girls get squished!! Started at 169 squeezed it into a size 14 because I didn't want to face the reality of a size 18. Shirts were XL. The stomach is hanging on for dear life though.
  • themorsel
    Options
    At my current weight I wear old navy size 18 jeans. At my smallest weight as an adult (145ish) I could wear anything from 4 to 8 depending on the brand, the material and the article of clothing. Usually when I'm a 14 I'm between 200lbs and 225lbs. I'm 5'1, hourglass shape with a large bust and a well-defined waist. It was always jarring to female friends to find out that I could wear smaller sized jeans at heavier weights than them. It's all body composition, genetics and pixie dust I suppose. So for me, I focus less on the number in my pants and more on how my clothes fit and feel. I put on a lot of weight because I didn't change sizes and so while it seems like it's nice to wear smaller sizes at heavier weight, the downside (for me anyway) is I can pack on a lot of lbs before realizing what the heck is happening.
  • TerresaTate
    TerresaTate Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This drive me CRAZY!!!! At my heaviest (almost 180) I wore a tight 16. At 170 a comfortable 16, at 160 a 14, at my current weight - 157 - I can wear a 12, but they are tight. I can walk into a store and they think I am smaller, but I have a real butt and an hour glass figure. When my friends say they wear a size smaller that I do, and they really look bigger than me I wonder what is really up. I have seen some people post they wear a 12 at 170 - I just don't understand it. With every 10 pounds I loose, I also loose a dress/pant size. Here's looking forward to a size 10 when I loose 10 more pounds! I am 5'1". I am looking for friends in a similar situation.
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11", current weight of 146 (down from 168) and have a tendency to carry my weight in my chest and my butt. I used to wear, at my highest, a size 17, but now I'm down to about a 10 in straight sizes and 11 in juniors. I'm hoping to shave more off, but it really just depends on your body comp I think.
  • carfamily08
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 144. I started off at 170 in a 12. I seem to drop a size roughly every 10 pounds. so I got into a 10 around 160, an 8 around 150 and I'm nearing 140 and I have a pair of 6s that fit but not comfortably yet.

Pre-kids/weight gain I wore a size 2 around 120-125 so I'm on the same track to get back there it seems.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm 5'1 at 160. I have jeans 16-14 and 12 I can fit into all of them.
  • theteamarie
    theteamarie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm 5'2 and go between 110-116 lbs but I generally wear anything between a 0 and a 3 depending on the brand. Hope this is helpful :)
  • eandrsmom
    Options
    I am 5" 3" and started at the same weight as you, only a 14. Honestly, it took about 20 pounds to drop a size and then another 10 to drop a 2nd, and then in the last 10 pounds I have dropped three!!!! I have no idea what happened but I just had to buy two pairs of 4s, which I have not worn since before I had kids. So don't get discouraged!!!!! They will be falling off before you know it! :smile:
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    im 5 2... 130 lbs, currently size 5-6
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 currently 127 lbs and I wear between sizes 2 and 4. Just depends on the make. I am currently wearing a pair of size 2's. I bought a skirt the other day that is a size 1/2.

I started out at 250 lbs and wore a size 20.
  • him1025
    Options
    im 5'0" and i weight 171.2 lbs and wear a 14 but i have to wear a belt with them cause i cant find a pair that will stay up on my waist.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am 5'.25"

Started at 180 in size 16.

Don't know exactly when I went into size 14, but that is what I have been in for a while during the 170's and now 160's.

I was doing the 30 day shred, and my 14's were getting loose, and I was feeling pretty hopeful for those 12's I have patiently waiting on me. BUT, then stuff happened and I got knocked off the 30 dayshred bandwagon, and now my 14's feel tight again :(

What was really something I noticed was that I wasn't losing a lot of weight during the 30 day shred, but was losing inches...so, that could be why we all wear different sizes. It has a lot ot do with where we carry our weight, and muscle vs/ fat...also, obviously like others said, the brand of the jeans.