Looking for friends who want to lose 100+ pounds

Options
Hi, I'm Krista and I'm just getting back into focusing on my health. I would love to connect with others who are tackling what seems like the monumental task of losing 100+ pounds. I've always tried to do this on my own and would love to make some friends who can really relate to the challenge of having to lose so much weight. Right now, I'm struggling with where exactly to begin. I'm one of those jump in with both feet kind of people and so I tend to want to do it all at once, which has been my downfall in the past. Guess I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Any advice and new friends would be wonderful!

Replies

• cateyeclover
    cateyeclover Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    M'y Mom and I are both trying to lose 100 pounds together and she uses my app a lot! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • lovelight30
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have a long journey ahead of me in the next year but I plan on doing it :)
  • starcrost79
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I can definitely use the support too! :D
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    Add me if you'd like, I have about 120 lbs to go
  • fattycatty01
    Options
    feel free to add me also.. i am wanting to lose 100+ pounds
  • Tamika_84
    Tamika_84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • KFuerst27
    Options
    I am on a similar journey.
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request and message, Krista.

And for anyone else - feel free to add me. I'm on the same path, but I've got over 100 more pounds to go. :]
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have about 130+ lbs to lose. I don't know what I would do without the support that's available here. I originally joined MFP at the beginning of the year but didn't utilize the tools. I just started back a couple months ago. Feel free to add me, I could use the support too :)
  • Elbeckistan
    Elbeckistan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm on a similar path as well! Good Luck! :)
  • ptabe88
    Options
    Hi Krista, I'm Mark, and I've set myself that massive target too! Decided I'd only be happy with my weight 100lbs down the road, well 92 now =).
    Be good to have people to share the experience with!
  • phillipspage
    phillipspage Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds to lose as well--I've been on MFP for a few weeks now and have found it incredibly helpful in tracking food and exercise and keeping me on goal. All you need is the motivation and we call ALL help you with that! Feel free to add me if you want!
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have between 60 and 80 pounds to go and I have already lost over 100. add me if you want to.
  • parkerxx20
    Options
    I know how you feel this is a hard path ive been trying for a year and didnt turn out so hot. But i know now its now are never to lose this weight.
  • SMA1978
    SMA1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been in MFP for a few months now. I really love it to keep accountable. Now looking to connect with others who are on this same long journey.

Susan
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I started "2013 challenge to lose 52 lbs". Hope to see everyone there. It's my new years resolution. Make it yours too.
  • TKOhYeah
    Options
    Krista, I have been an "I'm gonna" person for a very long time. I'm gonna work out more, I'm gonna eat better, etc. I have been an emotional eater all my life and that has been a down fall for me. I have learned I had to change my way of thinking and I have to make myself a priority. I want to be healthier. i just recently started on myfitnessplan but as of today I have lost a total of 37 lbs.

One things that I find that helps me is I do not focus on the 138 lbs I want to lose; that to me is very overwhelming. I set smaller goals for myself such as: I will drink 8 glasses of water a day, I will track exactly what I am eating day, and I will commit to losing 10 lbs this month. When I look at the smaller goals they seem much more attainable to me and I do not feel as overwhelmed. When I find myself starting to go to the fridge for something I will actually stop myself and ask which do you want more... that snack or to step on the scale and see a difference? I'm not perfect though, none of us are and I do suffer little set backs. I just don't beat myself up over them. I take a few minutes and in my mind (I try not to actually talk to myself...lol) I give myself a little pep talk. And I get really excited when I weigh-in each week and see a difference; but I get even more excited about it when I go to put on a pair of pants that were once snug and now they are baggy. I was as happy as a lark when I had to go exchange a pair of slacks because I bought the size I am use to buying and they were to big. Celebrate those little victories; I find a new surge of confidence with each one. You can do this!!!
  • sheila1a
    Options
    You can add me.
    Thanks!!!!
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I've got a lot to loose. My starting run at this is 100 pounds and I will go from there. In the next year I hope to get pregnant so this is about a 4 year journey for me. One step at a time.

Anyone else can add me too.
  • nabzilla_uk
    nabzilla_uk Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey hun, I have just over 80 pounds to lose now, but i've been where you are right now. Please feel free to add me :)