Grilled Veggie (Recipes?)

Options
Any recipes for grilled veggies? You know....the delicious kind with all kinds of herbs all over them that make them taste delicious? (restaurant style but without all the calories). I'm getting bored of the plain steamed kind with no flavor and id like to have something more flavorful so the kids will eat them as well.

Replies

• firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    these are in the frozen section at our grocery store...the brand name is Pictsweet...low in calories and are super delicious

Chinese Style Vegetables with Oriental Seasoning

http://www.pictsweet.com/our-products/chinese-style-vegetables-with-oriental-seasoning
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    omggg soo many ways!!! lol why dont you grill them in a sauce like a stirfry (teriyaki or soy)?! or add cayenne pepper to add some spiciness:)
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    and google search for garlicky green beans...pan fried in olive oil....mmmmmmmm
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Any recipes for grilled veggies? You know....the delicious kind with all kinds of herbs all over them that make them taste delicious? (restaurant style but without all the calories). I'm getting bored of the plain steamed kind with no flavor and id like to have something more flavorful so the kids will eat them as well.

I grill veggies almost every night all I use is Ms.Dash EVO and dill weed it's my favorite thing right now !!! Dill weed is also my favorite spice so I guess that helps
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered Lemon Pepper seasoning. I add it to quite a few veggies.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Lemon pepper is good. Plus my veggies always have onions and peppers with them, yum. And I cook my protein source (chicken, shrimp, pork, tofu, etc) in the same pan then add the veggies.
  • jessicaw79
    jessicaw79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you type grilled veggies in the Pinterest search engine you'll get back a million awesome ones to try, too!
  • beachpoodles
    beachpoodles Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I now love the spice isle at the market! There are a lot of things you can add calorie free.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I use Italian Seasoning and Granulated Garlic. No oil.
  • harliqueen
    Options
    Salt, pepper, chilli flakes, garlic powder/fresh garlic, any dry herbs you got.
  • Actually_Mike
    Actually_Mike Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love fresh green beans prepared this way
    Lay out sheet of tin foil
    Put beans in a bowl
    Add 1tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of basil, 1 tsp of thyme, 1 or 2 tbsp of garlic (I LOVE garlic), add a diced onion
    Toss everything together and put in tin foil
    Place a tablespoon of earth balance butter (vegan butter) on top
    Wrap foil and place on low/medium heat until beans are to desired taste, I like mine a little crunchy
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    simple recipe!

red peppers, zucchini, squash cut into stripped. brushed with balsamic vinaigrette and grilled. yum and so quick!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Use a tiny bit of sea salt and a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb.
  • sjiphone
    sjiphone Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Try cutting up acorn squash into chunks (leaving the rind on, but scooping the seeds out) and tossing it with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Roast in the oven at 325 for 1 hour or until tender. So delicious, you don't need any other seasonings, including salt.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Well, mine are usually generously coated in olive oil so probably as high calorie as you'd get in a restaraunt, but for herbs I like Mrs. Dash no salt blends, and for more dense veggies like root veggies, sweet potatoes, brussels, etc. I add chili powder and/or ceyenne. If you want less fat, you could use one of those Misto type sprayers to get a very thin layer of oil.