What is happening to me?!

Options
13»

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Come across anyone that overweight lazy people refer to as a bully on this site - add them immediately!

omg, yes, this, so much.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I tried going on a diet and deprived myself without knowing, I only have been consuming 700-900 calories a day TOTAL, I thought this would just speed up the process but I been feeling dizzy, weak and only get 2 hours of sleep per night. Should I ditch that 700-900 calorie diet and up the calorie content.

You're dizzy, weak and not sleeping but don't know if you should change anything?! :huh: Ummmm - yeah those things are not normal. Eat more.
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Food is Fuel - you are trying to run your body on E... not going to go well. Get help any way you need to.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I am over weight and would like to take a journey to lose weight.
    I currently weigh 390 pounds and I filled out MFP and said I should cut my calories to 2000 calories a day,

I tried going on a diet and deprived myself without knowing, I only have been consuming 700-900 calories a day TOTAL, I thought this would just speed up the process but I been feeling dizzy, weak and only get 2 hours of sleep per night. Should I ditch that 700-900 calorie diet and up the calorie content.

I tried doing this today and I feel like I am forcing myself to eat and it is so hard to eat to 2000 calories.

I haven't read all the posts so someone might have already done it but check out helloitsdan's post (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12) you're only consuming 700-900 calories A DAY!!!!! You seriously need more. If you eat more, you'll lose more (and you'll be alive and not in a hospital)

Edited to add in:I just noticed you're a male, so I stand by my "Eat more" even more. I'm older than you are and a female and I eat more than you do
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    ALSO if I did up my calories back up should I work them off? For example consume 2000 calories work off 500 calories or do I need to consume 2500 calories?

Yes, that is the MFP plan and it works. If you are having trouble reaching 2000 calories it's probably for one of these reasons:

1. You are trying to live only on raw vegetables and eat low-fat.
    2. It's a mental thing - you have become afraid of calories.
    3. You have been eating very low calories for so long that your body has grown used to it.

Whatever the reason, you should eat the 2000 calories plus at least some of your exercise calories. Vegetables are great and you should eat plenty of them, but also Include plenty of protein and healthy vegetable fats in your diet. You don't have to eat like a rabbit to lose weight.
  • vopat45
    vopat45 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ALSO if I did up my calories back up should I work them off? For example consume 2000 calories work off 500 calories or do I need to consume 2500 calories?

Yes, that is the MFP plan and it works. If you are having trouble reaching 2000 calories it's probably for one of these reasons:

1. You are trying to live only on raw vegetables and eat low-fat.
    2. It's a mental thing - you have become afraid of calories.
    3. You have been eating very low calories for so long that your body has grown used to it.

Whatever the reason, you should eat the 2000 calories plus at least some of your exercise calories. Vegetables are great and you should eat plenty of them, but also Include plenty of protein and healthy vegetable fats in your diet. You don't have to eat like a rabbit to lose weight.

Thank you! I will try it out!
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    OP, what does your doctor recommend? Have you asked?
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I know that mental block. I know it well. There are days I know I should be eating 2000 calories, but I just don't want to. It's more of a psychological barrier than a physical one.

You can try adding some calorie-rich items to your current food. If you eat celery, put peanut butter on it. Have a glass of milk with dinner. That sort of stuff. You don't feel like you're eating more food, but you're still getting more calories and nutrition.

Once your body gets used to it (it took me a couple days), you might have a day where you feel ravenous and want to eat everything in sight. That's okay. Stick with your plan and add some more protein to keep the "eat all the food" at bay. Again, your body will adjust.

From there on out, it should be smooth sailing.