Les Mills Combat

Options
Has anyone else started using this, very awesome workout. Does not bore me like Insanity did.

Replies

• Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear! I've been thinking about doing a Les Mills Combat - P90X hybrid once I finish my first round of P90X. How long have you been doing it for? How high impact is it? (thinking of my bad knees)
  • Raya1980
    Options
    Been doing it for a week and I love it, beats paying what I did when I used to work out at LA Boxing. It's not as high imapct as you think but in the workouts they have one person doing low imapct movements for those to use with knee problems and such. I've incorporated into my workout routine in which I use TRX, kettlebells, plyometrics, and cardio (running, elliptical, stairclimber, swimming).
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I will let you know soon too Carla. I just ordered it. I plan on throwing some of the workouts in to my current routine.
    Thanks for the feedback Raya.
  • Raya1980
    Options
    Ya welcome
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Raya. Sounds like a great mix of things you have going on there! Nice going.
    Simon, I'm looking forward to hearing more about it from you! I still have a little over 60 days to go, but it is nice to have a plan and something new to look forward to!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else started using this, very awesome workout. Does not bore me like Insanity did.

Look up @telcochik she's starting up a group challenge for LM Combat on Jan 7th.
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    I do Body Combat 3xs a week for cardio... However not the video but the live class... I am going to treat myself to the videos for Christmas though because I LOVE it so much!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Just looked it up..it sounds awesome! But question..why is it $30 more for the gloves? Which kit did you get?

Edit to clarify my question about the gloves. Are they worth the extra $30? Why do you need the gloves?
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I have been upset because my gym doesn't offer this class. I'm so glad you posted this, because I didn't realize a Body Combat workout DVD set was even available. Thanks!
  • kiykiy79
    Options
    you can get those gloves at any sporting goods store but I think the draw is the branding on them which you can't get in any store.
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    At the gym I go to all the classes (except Zumba) are Les Mills classes. I LOVE body combat, I'm going tonight!
  • cmkell87
    cmkell87 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you like it. I'm starting it in January after I finish Turbo Fire!
  • kiykiy79
    Options
    At the gym I go to all the classes (except Zumba) are Les Mills classes. I LOVE body combat, I'm going tonight!

Mine too! My class is at 6:30 tonight!
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am doing Chisel and Body Pump, does anyone have any idea how to log that under excersise?
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Tried it last week... it was okay, but I found it repetitive just punches and more punches, kicks and more kicks... and the burn... though I tried to push hard during the workout... was LESS than my treadmill... got 317 calories for 43 minutes of effort. In 44 minutes on the treadmill, I burned 364 calories. Just sayin'.
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Been watching the dvd. Starting it after I finish Insanity. I studied martial arts for many years and studied several different styles. It looks pretty good to me. I fought in many tournaments and I think this stuff is going to awesome.
  • Raya1980
    Options
    Just looked it up..it sounds awesome! But question..why is it $30 more for the gloves? Which kit did you get?

Edit to clarify my question about the gloves. Are they worth the extra $30? Why do you need the gloves?

The gloves are just added weight, you can buy 1 lb wrist weights that I use for about 10-15 bucks.
  • Raya1980
    Options
    Tried it last week... it was okay, but I found it repetitive just punches and more punches, kicks and more kicks... and the burn... though I tried to push hard during the workout... was LESS than my treadmill... got 317 calories for 43 minutes of effort. In 44 minutes on the treadmill, I burned 364 calories. Just sayin'.
    I burn about 650 cal in 30 minutes running on the treadmill, I burn about extra 150 cal in the same time doing the workout.
  • rjacob1214
    rjacob1214 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's good to hear that everyone is enjoying this class! I will have to check it out. I do Bodypump at least once (try for 2x) a week, and I love it, but it does get a little boring. I'll have to check it out!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I burn about 650 cal in 30 minutes running on the treadmill, I burn about extra 150 cal in the same time doing the workout.

I'm jealous. I had to give up running because of my knees per Sports Med Doc. But, my point was... WALKING on the treadmill, I burn more calories than this workout. Just not much of a burn.