Exercise your way across America!

Options
Yesterday afternoon, I discovered that my gym started a new program. From now until the end of August, you earn "miles" for taking a class, cardio, strength training, etc. The trail is from Boston to LA--about 3200 miles. I have to say, this totally brought out my (horrible! :blushing: ) competetive streak. I MUST WIN. I realize that I probably have NO CHANCE against all the gym rats out there, but this contest totally made me do an extra 15 minutes of cardio and an extra 15 minutes of weights. I earned 150 miles in one day! I think I am even going to add an extra day a week, because did I mention I MUST WIN.

Bonus: Top 3 finishers win gas cards!

Wish me luck!

Replies

• eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yesterday afternoon, I discovered that my gym started a new program. From now until the end of August, you earn "miles" for taking a class, cardio, strength training, etc. The trail is from Boston to LA--about 3200 miles. I have to say, this totally brought out my (horrible! :blushing: ) competetive streak. I MUST WIN. I realize that I probably have NO CHANCE against all the gym rats out there, but this contest totally made me do an extra 15 minutes of cardio and an extra 15 minutes of weights. I earned 150 miles in one day! I think I am even going to add an extra day a week, because did I mention I MUST WIN.

Bonus: Top 3 finishers win gas cards!

Wish me luck!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I want to play! Sounds like fun.

I keep track of my pedometer "steps" and this year I've walked over 1200 miles.
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I want to play! Sounds like fun.

I keep track of my pedometer "steps" and this year I've walked over 1200 miles.

1200 miles??? SICK! In a good way, of course. :smile:

I like the photo in your loss tracker. Am I right in guessing Utah?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Very close - Sedona AZ. I want to go to Utah, never been.
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    Very close - Sedona AZ. I want to go to Utah, never been.

I went to Sedona for the first time last November. It was very beautiful. I was only able to stay a day, but I am hoping to get back again maybe this winter. I am going to Alaska this summer, so not sure if I will have enough vacation days left for AZ.