what did i just do

Options
I am ready to cry. I have done great for 10 days and today I ate over a thousand calories which I didn't have. I can't believe I did it I don't even know why I did it. And now I don't know if I am strong enough to get back on track. :sad:

Replies

• cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Draw a line under it , today is a new day (well it is over the pond here in England lol). I think the hardest thing about dieting sometimes is learning to let go of our occasional indiscretions. Don't beat yourself up.
    Think of the last 10 days as a bouquet of flowers, you wouldn't throw away a whole bouquet for one dead flower, so don't throw away your diet plan xx
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone and YES you CAN get back on track. Remember that is feels way better to buy smaller jeans than to go nuts and over eat. I have a hard time cutting back sometimes too. I like to say that there is a skinny girl inside of me but I can shut her up with cookies..lol. I believe in you girl. Just don't think of fhow you fell, wake up tomorrow and just start fresh.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,717 Member
    Options
    You had one bad day to your 10 good ones. Get back up tomorrow and have one good one, and another one, and another one. You're worth doing this for. :heart:
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    It happens. You need to get up, wipe away the tears and realize that it is done and can't be changed. Learn from it. Try to think of what triggered it. How will you handle the urge next time. You are strong and you have to want to make the changes more than anything. YOU ARE WORTH IT. Baby steps forward. start fresh right now. Dont wait for tomorrow. Drink some extra water, get a good nights sleep and have a game plan for tomorrow. I cant wait to see how you do tomorrow. I have faith in you. You just need to believe in yourself too.HUgs!!!!!
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't beat yourself up! I can't even tell you how many times I have been where you are right now, but I can PROMISE you that if you get right back on track, today won't harm you at all! Just pick it right back up and keep up the awesome work! We are all human and mistakes will happen... the key is what you do afterwards! :flowerforyou:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    this is what people do, they think cause they screwed up once, they have blown it, you didnt !! start fresh tomorrow! its a long road ahead of you ( sorry, but true) and you can beat yourself up every time you screw up. START FRESH TOMORROW MORNING, get some exercise, eat the right things, you will feel soooooo much better about yourself!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up over it. It happens along the way. You're just getting going in this and its naturaly to have a subconscious freak out over all the changes.

A big part of the journey is to face these slips, figure out the reason behind it, deal with it head on and then move past it. Dont allow your mind to beat you up over it.

Hang in there.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Don't look at it as a mess up. Look at it as your "cheat" day. I do that once a week anyway. It hasn't kept me from losing. Get right back on it. :)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I am ready to cry. I have done great for 10 days and today I ate over a thousand calories which I didn't have. I can't believe I did it I don't even know why I did it. And now I don't know if I am strong enough to get back on track. :sad:

It's how you eat most of the time that counts. I was bad on Spring Break. I had like 3 or 4 days that I did this. It only took me a week of doing the right thing to get back to where I was. Usually I just do one cheat day a week and within 2 days I'm where I was before the cheat day. Sometimes this actually revs up my metabolism a little bit and I wind up smaller than I was before the cheat.
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! You're not going to live your whole life without a few days like that here and there. The difference between people who lose and keep it lost, and people who dont, is that the healthier group gets back on the horse.

When I'm having a hard time getting back on track, I ask myself. "Where do I want to be in six months? I can be closer to my goal weight or back to my starting weight and it's completely up to me to make the choice." In 6 months you will be lbs less than you are now and this will have been a blip on the screen that you don't even think about anymore.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else who is encouraging you to put it behind you and move forward. Last Saturday I went over my calories by 1400! Not good food either, but salty chips and "party munchies". The next day I went over a little bit too, but with better food. But starting on Monday, I got right back on track. The scale still showed a loss. In the grand scheme of things, 1000 calories is not enough to make you gain back what you have lost. This lifestyle needs to be about being consistent and NOT perfect. Make good choices 90% of the time and you will be okay. You can't let things like this cause you to completely go off the rails because it is impossible to be "perfect" for the rest of your life.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oh my, if I quit every time I went over my calories, I wouldn't have made it past the first week! You are not perfect, life isn't perfect, and in fact, those imperfect moments can be most rewarding in boosting your metabolism and encouraging you to keep going! After a indulgent weekend, I have had some of my biggest weight losses the next week. Not to mention, its a great reminder of why I dont want to eat indulgently every weekend, energy is never as great as when I am eating healthy. So chalk it up to a learning experience, and remember its ok to do this every once in a while. Certainly isn't worth quitting over!!!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, ten good days, one not so good. That's a successful ratio. That's a 91%. In school they give you an A for that.

1000 calories isn't even 1/3 of a pound. Just get right back on and make sure you have a good day today. Make it easy on yourself, call someone and ask them to walk with you sometime today. Plan something you like for dinner that's on your plan. You may have been needing to "reward" yourself yesterday and fell into old habits. Learn to reward yourself within your new healthy lifestyle.

Work for progress rather than perfection. Perfection can get in the way of success. Try to go eleven days before your next whoops.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    We are only human, we make mistakes. But we also recover from them! Don't give up. Just make tomorrow a better day. You _can_ do it.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Do me a favor............look at the pounds lost in these responses!! :love: (dothompson has lost a lot more than listed!)

We have all lost it and kept it off even with living. Re-boot NOW.:glasses: ......not tomorrow, not Monday........right this very minute!!

I remember one time in the beginning I ate a 1/2 lb bacon cheese burger, at least 1/2 lb of fries and washed it down with a beer! :huh:

OMG....I don't eat that when I am NOT losing weight! I came home and 'spoke' with some friends on here. Some one said re-boot right NOW..............So as full as I was, stuffed and felt like puking, I ate an APPLE.........:laugh:

My thought was " I am eating healthy, right now!"

So now when I have an uber bad day, I eat an apple. This is my cue to get back on track.

Have a great day and good job on 10 pounds lost!:flowerforyou:
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    Thanks for everyones support it really means so much. I know things happen and it is a good idea to look 6 months down the road I could be heavier or keep working and lose some weight. Today I walked half a mile of course now I have blisters on my feet oh well no pain no gain right lol. I also came to my aunts house and we played the wii for a while now I am fixing to play again with my cousin. Today I have done good an honestly I am not even that hungry today. It's not that I feel guilty just decided I am not gonna eat when I am just bored. So today I had some deviled eggs some tacos and some strawberries and still need to figure out some more healthy food to eat about 300-400 more calories. Easter is tomorrow and I have already decided somethings are gonna be hard to count calories excatly but I am gonna atleast measure out my food and count the calories I am able to count. I also got some delicious strawberries I will be taking tomorrow so they are something sweet and I don't have to worry about desert. One more thing to add is today I had the great oppurtounity to talk to my favorite aunt. We are both over weight she has a little to lose but we are each others support system. If I am having a bad day I can call her if she is having a bad day she knows she can call me. I am so proud she is fixing to start working out 2 days a week 2 hours a day. So here is to her and me and here are to all of the other people out there wanting to change themselves for the better. GOD BLESS and have a Happy Easter tomorrow.:flowerforyou:
  • sunny99oh
    Options
    It's all in your choices. You chose to "be bad", now you can choose to "be good". As long as you are choosing to be good more often, you should lose weight. No one is perfect. So just look at today as a small bump in the road. You can get over this and continue on your journey. Good luck and take each day one day at a time. :wink: