Young And Starting

Options
Hi Im 18 years old and wanting to loose some weight, can someone recommend me any good recipes and 20 minute exercises that i can do please :wink:

Replies

• Selveria
    Options
    My favorite recipe is for a mixed fruit smoothie. I like to buy the big bags of frozen fruit, and keep it it my freezer.

You need:

1/2 cup of Apple juice (60 cal)
    1 container Light Strawberry Yoplait yogurt (90 cal)
    2 scoops of fruit using the 1/2 cup measuring cup (ends up slightly different than one cup) (80 cal)

Throw it all in the blender, and then pulse the mixture until it is smooth. The entire thing ends up being around 230 calories, and I really love to sip it for breakfast. It's really nice, because it makes a lot so I can enjoy it all for a long while if I want, or freeze half and drink half right then.

Hope this helps, good luck!
  • priyamarie
    Options
    Vegetable Chowder
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 chopped onion
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    2 cups lowfat milk
    2 chopped potatoes
    2 cups water
    6 cups Costco normandy blend frozen mixed vegetables (or any frozen mixed veggies)

Melt butter in a large pot.
    Add in onions and thyme, and cook until softened.
    Add milk, potatoes and water, and bring to a boil.
    Reduce heat once boiling and simmer until the potatoes are almost tender.
    Add the frozen veggies and simmer for another 5 minutes.
    Take out 2 cups of soup, with veggies, puree in blender and return to the pot.
    Season with lots of salt and pepper to taste.

Only around 250 cals for a bowl (about 1/4 of total recipe)

Also I do treadmill for 20 mins, 6% incline, 2 mins 3.5mph, 1 min 6mph and rotate until 20 minutes is up and then do a couple minutes of cool down. If you don't have a treadmill you can do this outside.
  • codykirby
    Options
    Thankyou guys, this weight loss is going to be really hard for me as i dont like any fruit or vegetables
  • priyamarie
    Options
    There are sneaky ways to eat them without tasting them.. Like the smoothie, you can add honey or a tablespoon of peanut butter to it and it makes it taste a lot better. You can even throw in half a cup of frozen spinach and you can't taste it a bit. I'm sure there are one or two things you like just stick to those and don't worry about eating things you don't like. Like I like strawberries & broccoli so those are my go-to snacks and always keep them in the house.