Soldier that let himself go

Options
Hello.. I just started with this site to track my training and calories. You would think being in the Army my discipline would be great.. But that is not the case. Came out to recruiting weighing about 173 lbs (5'8") little body-fat probably between 15-18%. Now im at 186 lbs and about 20%. I let myself go due to the work hours that we have/had and all the eating fast food on the go so that we could look for young men and women to talk to about the Army.

I haven't exactly been lazy with the working out. I still remain active.. It was mainly my nutrition that fell to the wayside. Currently i am doing p90X2 in the mornings with some slight modifications.. ie some of the Cardio days I run instead of what they are having you do. Also, practice BJJ about 2-4 nights a week for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours..

Guess the nutrition aspect got me.. So I'm here to buckle down and get back down to a good weight..

Replies

• jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    welcome! :)
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Keep up with it and you will see results!
  • autumnwater
    autumnwater Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find lots of support here. :) Good luck achieving your weight goals. You can do it!
  • rstage79
    rstage79 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!!! Im going to get some before pics up soon.. then hopefully in a month get some after shots.. But you know how that goes.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) also in the same boat
  • JulianaC7
    JulianaC7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • bek48
    bek48 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey - you're not the only one! I kept expecting to magically find myself getting in shape while in the army. I'm in Afghanistan right now, and it feels like being out of the garrison environment and able to work out on my own is the best opportunity I've had in years. MFP is pretty helpful for tracking (even if sometimes you have to guess about what the hell you're eating out here lol)

Good luck to you!
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Truely you are not the only one. I am in the Navy, had a baby 8 months ago and i am STILL struggling to get back to where I was when I was at my old command. I have about 7 more pounds before I get to that milestone. Feel free to add me. I am on here all of the time and try to comment as much as possible. I have an open food diary and I try to work out at least three days a week.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    SFC here at Campbell.

I know what you mean. I just left an AIT PSG job about 6 months ago that I was in for 2 years. Due to the lack of a constant PT program for myself and the extended hours I rarely had time for exercise or a decent meal. I was always eating on the go. I think the only time I really had a healthy meal was when I ate with the privates.
    Needless to say my health went south.

I'm back on track now and I am running the remedial PT for my unit. Good luck to you! And stop sending me soup sandwiches!:wink:
  • katejayne4
    Options
    Hey welcome,

I've been on here nearly 2 months and finding the support/encouragement fantastic! I'm very into fitness/running etc but at times the motivation slips so great to talk to people in similar situation here.

Kate :)
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I was a Marine and also an Army Ranger. Had a very similar situation but mine was just age. Even though I was active I just did not keep the diet in line. I started on P90X and got serious about the diet and went to P90X2. Now I am doing Insanity which gives me the type of cardio I really want. I am going to do Les Mills Combat next but then I am also going to do P90X2 again at the same time. Much success to you.
  • rstage79
    rstage79 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    To all the guys and girls that have served and that are currently serving thank you. All these deployments and additional assignments really take a toll on our bodies. Guess u gotta hit rock bottom before you get your butt in gear
  • stanluoser
    Options
    Recently talked to a recruiter, ASVAB and MEPS on Jan 14/15th. Hopefully able to pass and get a ship date to BMT.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Recruiting duty is evil! My husband gained weight while doing it.
  • fumanskew
    Options
    Welcome! Military brat/spouse/recruit here. Lost 65ish lbs so far. :) Feel free to add me!
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Welcome and thanks for all you do!!! Add me if you want to have a friend who is determined to not only make this happen but have fun doing it!!