Why do people barge into you in the Store?

Options
m60kaf
m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
Whats the pchycology of why people bump into you all the time in a store. I understand things like how you can attract a swarm of old women by looking intently at a shelf like you have found the bargain of the century and you are trying to decide if you want the last one.

I'm not talking the its busy barging - I mean like half empty isle and they head your way like a magnet. Then if you don't move they curse cos you got in their way... or broke their shoulder lol

I need a T-Shirt that says "Look at me... Look at you... Who is going to come off worse!"

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't barge. But you know what's worse.

Cow people while shopping. You know. The people who stand around in a herd of about 4 and simply do not move.
    I want to bump them with my cart.
    And I'm a nice person.
    They're rude. How long can you stand staring at a 20lb box of froot by the foot?
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options

Cow people while shopping. You know. The people who stand around in a herd of about 4 and simply do not move.
    And I'm a nice person.
    They're rude. How long can you stand staring at a 20lb box of froot by the foot?

And then when you try to get by and say "excuse me" very politely, they give you dirty, dirty looks and barely take a half step to the side.

My solution? A very large purse and a poor sense of personal space. "Oh, I'm so very sorry! Did my purse bump into you? Sheesh, I swear it has a mind of its own." :wink:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

And I'm a nice person.

And then when you try to get by and say "excuse me" very politely, they give you dirty, dirty looks and barely take a half step to the side.

My solution? A very large purse and a poor sense of personal space. "Oh, I'm so very sorry! Did my purse bump into you? Sheesh, I swear it has a mind of its own." :wink:
    I find my kids help. They don't give an eff who they run into and clear space for me!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    They don't bump into me and if they do they will suffer greatly for it .
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get my boobs barged into a lot. What's with that
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I barge into people to show them I'm alpha
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options

And I'm a nice person.

This exactly. Or sometimes you can stop about 10 feet away and just stare at them with crazy eyes until they get weirded out and scatter.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking that yesterday... I really hate that I'm so invisible!!!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    A very large percentage of people haven't got a clue about what's going on around them.

Slaves to the Cell Phone, iPad and iPod.

Take a break from sexting, texting, tweeting, twitttering and being plugged into the internet. Look up.
  • Amatambi
    Options
    My mom's purse is crazy. One time she flung it over her shoulder and knocked my cellphone out of my hand and it broke all over the floor.

Also, I hate people who find it necessary to stand directly behind my car and just talk when I'm obviously trying to leave.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I don't barge either, I'll even loiter in hopes that someone camping the eggs or cheese or whatever will move on. But after a couple of minutes I'm eventually going to say, "Excuse me," reach over, grab whatever it is I need to buy, and then flee the scene. I don't see a lot of barging and bumping around here. We're pretty polite I guess. Or else there is just less people and therefore more room.

Now our roads, that's a different story.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    People usually look like they're going to have a heart attack and apologize profusely when they bump into me.

Being in a wheelchair has its benefits after all. LOL!
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options

And I'm a nice person.

word! haha.. love it!
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    This never happens to me. However I am told that I am unapproachable and intimidating.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Whats the pchycology of why people bump into you all the time in a store. I understand things like how you can attract a swarm of old women by looking intently at a shelf like you have found the bargain of the century and you are trying to decide if you want the last one.

I'm not talking the its busy barging - I mean like half empty isle and they head your way like a magnet. Then if you don't move they curse cos you got in their way... or broke their shoulder lol

I need a T-Shirt that says "Look at me... Look at you... Who is going to come off worse!"

People don't normally bump into me. If they do they either bounce off or fall down. I tend to stand my ground.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    My mom's purse is crazy. One time she flung it over her shoulder and knocked my cellphone out of my hand and it broke all over the floor.

Also, I hate people who find it necessary to stand directly behind my car and just talk when I'm obviously trying to leave.

I keep my car in park and rev the engine....and if they don't get out of the way, I pretend I'm on the phone (I don't see them) and start backing up (lights come on). The WILL get out of the way then since they think you don't see them b/c you're on the phone.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    This never happens to me. However I am told that I am unapproachable and intimidating.

lies, all lies. *pinches Greggie's cheeks* you're so adorable.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get my boobs barged into a lot. What's with that

Hey, i only did that the one time and i truly said i was sorry. Next time, I'll buy you dinner first.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    They don't bump into me and if they do they will suffer greatly for it .
    Ugh oh. We got an internet tough guy
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    People don't bump into me. I don't have that "it's ok to bump into me look". People tell me that I always look pissed off, and I scare old ladies. So, it's not really a problem for me. The Cow shoppers drive me insane though. I have been known to ram my cart into theirs and also drop f bombs at old ladies. Lol