Anyone Else Have a Skinny Boyfriend/Partner ?

Options
13»

Replies

• melmckay99
    Options
    my bf is about an inch taller than me and I used to weight about 5 lbs more than he did....this bothered me a lot actually, more than I let on to him to know. I have lost about 15 lbs and am now about 10 lbs lighter than him! I feel better but I think I would still like to lose about 5 more! Being lighter than him makes me feel a lot more confident about the way I look and the way that other people look at us.

He is the type that can eat whatever he wants and when he DOESN'T excersice regularly he actually loses weight! It frustrates the h3ll outta me, why do I have to do it the hard way when he can eat anything and be lazy and manage to lose weight.......sigh.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Do you ever feel self conscious if you eat more than they do ?

That would require his sexy twiggy *kitten* to eat less than I eat. :laugh:

So nope, don't feel self conscious at all...in fact I'm amazed at how much he eats and how he still manages to unintentionally lose weight and his doctor tells him eat more. :grumble:
  • Mandas13
    Mandas13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a skinny boyfriend, when we first met I weighed less than him but after my child and a few years I weighed more than him. Now I weigh around the same as him but I am also shorter. It doesn’t bother me or him at all but I do get a little jealous! He is able to eat and drink WHATEVER he wants and not gain and me on the other hand I can't. It is a little hard on me because he is a very very very picky eater and does not like any veggies, peppers or onions :explode: . So you can just imagine how hard it is to make a healthy yummy dinner with that, so if anyone has any healthy dinners that are also for very picky eaters let me know!!!
  • dekerri1
    dekerri1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband is alot smaller than me. He is actually trying to gain weight. But it works out because he is trying to get bigger and I am trying to get smaller.Hopefully we can meet each other in between! But my husband met me at this weight so he loves me the way I am. I want to lose the weight for me. I also feel like I tower over him when I where heels, so I try to avoid it.But he actually wants me to wear them.He says that him being smaller than him makes HIM feels self-concious. Funny huh? :laugh:
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Besides, I figure if a guy is all bony he'll probably appreciate it if one of us has some padding. :laugh:
    [/quote]

This. My hubby is a tall, skinny guy. (I tell him I only marry tall, skinny guys so my kids will have a chance) He says that hip bone to hip bone isnt comfortable.
  • jeepyj93
    jeepyj93 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My DH still wears the same size jeans he did when we got married 40 years ago, size 33 waist. His weight has gone up and down a max of ten pounds in all those years. He has always eaten less than me and now even less. He eats only when he is hungry and only what he likes. Most nights he doesn't finish his dinner he will leave some to finish later. He does like dessert but can have 1 cookie and be happy with that.
    My weight was my issue not his and I got control of it because I didn't like it not because he didn't like it.
  • Fat2fitplease
    Options
    I am taller and heavier than my bf and I know my weight bothers him a lot. We look like an odd couple in photos.

He doesn't understand eating back burned calories or eating several small meals throughout the day so I feel very self-conscious and I am not eating enough some days. He is trying to be supportive and tells me he is proud of what I am doing to get fit, but I also get "it's about time" vibes from him. We have been together 10 years and I was 170 when we met (not thin but looked pretty good), but he didn't realize I had recently lost weight... which I soon gained back. At my heaviest I outweighed him by 40 lbs. Honestly, I think I embarrass him but some of that is coming from myself.

Im in same situation except i out weigh my husband by 130 pounds and in 4 inches taller.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Does it affect you at all ?
    Do you ever feel self conscious if you eat more than they do ?
    Sort of struggle with this, as although I am lower end of BMI myself, my bf is pretty skinny and tends to be a lot more self controlled around food, which can make me feel really guilty about eating at times when he is not.

My guy weighs less than by about 50 pounds. We got together a year ago and I strayed from my diet and gained 30 pounds. I did this by pretty much eating the same as him. Unfortunately, I cannot do this. So, I am back on the wagon and have lost 21 pounds of that 30 so far. It makes it hard because I am doing low carb and he will want to go eat bar food or something yummy and then he will stop and say... oh, is there anything you can eat there?? He isn't being mean but it limits our options. He is 44 so he should be eating better than he does but weight has never been an issue for him...
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Yes!! My husband is thin, and taller than me. He's trying to gain weight but hasn't been able to. I didn't like it when I weighed more than him - I'm so happy I weigh less now. The other problem it creates is with cooking. I have to make like completely different food for him and me. I need to eat about 1500 cals a day, he needs like 3500 - it's extra work for me, since I do all the cooking.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Yes!! My husband is thin, and taller than me. He's trying to gain weight but hasn't been able to. I didn't like it when I weighed more than him - I'm so happy I weigh less now.

This. I was never self-conscious about the eating thing but definitely self-conscious when I weighed more than him...especially considering he's almost a foot taller than me (and I'm not exactly a short gal).
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    My boyfriend is tall and slim and beautiful :-) and he eats really healthily most or the time and barely snacks. I weigh about 7lbs more than him and he bet me that he could put on 7lbs before I could lose it - doubt it with his speedy metabolism!:laugh:
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have a skinny boyfriend, when we first met I weighed less than him but after my child and a few years I weighed more than him. Now I weigh around the same as him but I am also shorter. It doesn’t bother me or him at all but I do get a little jealous! He is able to eat and drink WHATEVER he wants and not gain and me on the other hand I can't. It is a little hard on me because he is a very very very picky eater and does not like any veggies, peppers or onions :explode: . So you can just imagine how hard it is to make a healthy yummy dinner with that, so if anyone has any healthy dinners that are also for very picky eaters let me know!!!

I can so relate! My guy isn't "skinny" per se but he is definitely not overweight but he loves to eat AND SNACK!! Ugghhhh... He can eat loads of carbs.. mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and a roll in one sitting and not gain an ounce.. I might as well sit on that food because that is where it is going to end up. I tend to make a veggie stir fry with fresh or frozen veggies and a dab of olive oil... If he and the kids don't want to eat it they don't have to.. That gives me an option other than their carb rich foods...
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    My ex was tiny and she ate more than me. It never bothered me she was tiny. It's my own fault I am "bigger". Meh.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    When I first met The Man, I was about 4 stone/56lb heavier than he was. And God, did I know it. He's never treated me any less than a queen, but regardless - there's this devilishly handsome athletic sort with CHUBS CHUBBYSON OF CHUBSVILLE. I was terribly self-conscious about it - all my own doing. I felt fat (well, I was, but you know what I mean) and very unfeminine. My warped logic dictates man = bigger than woman, and by gum this wasn't the case.

Now? I'm about 2 stone/28lb lighter than him, and I have to say I'm much more comfortable with that. The Man is lucky - very fit due to an ex-military background, and a metabolism that makes Bolt look sluggish. Me? Not so much...
  • mjoslin1990
    mjoslin1990 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    my husband was 125lbs at 5''10' and i was about 135 at 5''4'. I HATED it. He was actually TOO skinny for me almost. Of course when we got married and had our baby boy not only did I gain weight but so did he. His current weight (as of last night) was 172lbs and he's still very skinny compared to the muscular men before him.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Soooooooo I outweigh my boyfriend by about 95lbs right now (down from over 100 but he's losing weight pretty fast too right now).
    I worry a little bit because he's close to goal and I still want to lose quite a bit.

Then again, I'm also close to 6' and he's only 5'4''...the first thing people notice about us as a couple is not weight. It's "what is that freakishly tall glow in the dark pale woman doing with that short little hispanic?" haha
  • Mandas13
    Mandas13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

I can so relate! My guy isn't "skinny" per se but he is definitely not overweight but he loves to eat AND SNACK!! Ugghhhh... He can eat loads of carbs.. mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and a roll in one sitting and not gain an ounce.. I might as well sit on that food because that is where it is going to end up. I tend to make a veggie stir fry with fresh or frozen veggies and a dab of olive oil... If he and the kids don't want to eat it they don't have to.. That gives me an option other than their carb rich foods...

See my daughter would rather have what I am having, I can make the worst meal for them and have a salad for me and she would rather have the salad. A lot of times she will pick veggies and fruit over chips and such.