Dads: would you let your son wear skinny jeans?

Options

Replies

• skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt let my son wear skinny jeans. >-> Its a fad and its hideous.
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    sorry but what that father did is complete and utter child abuse
    you cannot publicly shame your child like that, it's an absolute disgrace

that kid is a person and if he's working to earn his own money he can buy whatever ****ing pants he wants for ****'s sake
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My mom let me wear black lipstick even though she thought it looked horrible. It was still age appropriate and I was expressing myself.

My son would be allowed to wear whatever he wants as long as it isn't inappropriate by society's standards.

ETA: That dad is an *kitten* to do that and put it on the Internet. Shaming your child like that?

And that doesn't seem like a valid argument against skinny jeans anyway, because most people don't wear them like that. That's basically the same as baggy jeans hanging around your *kitten*.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Not a parent but not a fan of that video either. Abuse much?

As far as the clothes go sure when you can buy your own clothes you can wear what you want but if you live under my house there would still be rules to this.
  • fallingaroundagain
    Options
    i'm not a parent but i thought it would be important to remind you all that you were once our age and went through your own phases that, looking back on, might not have been the best idea. let us do the same; that's part of life. i understand how you don't want your kids to look trashy and want them to succeed in life, but there gets to be a point where you need to start trusting their judgment on some things (their expression being one of them). if we're expected to be choose the right college and career path by the time we're only 16/17 i think we're capable of choosing our own clothes....
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I applaud this dad:

http://youtu.be/YUUUwqQLCFE

I am a dad and I do not.......No I would not let my son wear them........I also would not take a video to exploit it and post it out on the internet.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Generally I'm a live-and-let-live kinda guy...

But there's this guy who works at my grocery store and all he wears are the skinniest skinny jeans you ever did see. They hang low on his hips like a woman. Is it wrong to hate a stranger for what kind of jeans they wear? Because I do.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I'll be teaching my boys to lift, rendering this a moot point.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    the kids laughing the whole time, not sure if this is a serious vid
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    You ever try those things on?

I was out shopping with my wife recently, trying on pants she was bring to the dressing room. Next thing I know, I try this pair on and after I pull them, there is no room for my junk and stuff. I go out to show her and she starts laughing and tells me they are skinny jeans.

They were so uncomfortable.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Because shaming children never hurts them...
  • BethanyRTS
    Options
    I miss simpler time when men were real men...
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Dr. Phil follow-up link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX6CIuariVQ

Oh and that's not how you do a real squat, not enough depth!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Because shaming children never hurts them...

srsly:heart:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    My son loves his skinny jeans and baseball boots.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    No nor would I be a **** about it either.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Well, I have rather large, muscular thighs and calves, and not from working them out. So does my wife. We're both pretty stout & stock. There's a really good chance if we have a son he'll not be able to even THINK about skinny jeans. For instance - if I try to wear any slim cut jeans, I have to go up 2-3 inches in waist size to get my thighs in them.

JM
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I have daughters and am not a dad. This, however, doesn't stop me from adding my two cents.

My 7-year-old daughter tried to explain this fad to me once, but she's 7, so there's that. Basically, she says that a boy needs to get them "too big and ride a skateboard..... Everybody else just looks like that s-word you won't let me say."

If your son looks like a Jonas, then don't let them. If your son looks and skates like Ryan Sheckler, and they're a little big and beat-up, then let them.
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    NO
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    As long as it covers his *kitten* and doesn't have an expletive scrawled across it, he can wear what he wants. I don't get censoring or limiting their fashion choices beyond this.

+1