Relay for Life

Options
I have looked in the search engine and noticed that there is no recent post for the Relay for Life. Is anyone else on the community doing one?

I needed a goal to work towards and this is going to help me get to it. My Relay race is on June 18th and I want to be at least fit enough to walk 25 laps around the track with out wheezing, passing out and getting nauseous.

Who else is doing one this year? We can motivate each other. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bekahtraynor
    Options
    I am! My mom has brain cancer. My sister is the team captain. we are currently trying to get walkers. I ran a 5k this summer to raise money for Stand Up to Cancer/Prostate/Breast Cancer. It was awesome! I've never done Relay before, any tips?
  • TeriB19
    TeriB19 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi Nancy. What a coincidence! We are participating in the Relay for Life here in Shepherdstown, WV. My husband (a nontraditional student at Shepherd University) is on the Corporate Sponsorship Committee for the Relay and both my daughters and I are walking!

Bekah, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom! I will keep her in my prayers! Good for you for running the 5K! In the past year, I've started running, which has definitely contributed to my weight loss. I just ran the Marine Corps 10K Race to Register, which allowed me guaranteed access to run the Marine Corps Marathon in October. I'm going to be running FOR the Relay for Life to raise money for cancer research.

Teri
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Our town is having Relay for Life July 17th-July 18th. Only 105 more days to prepare!
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    Awesome! This is so great.

I applaud each and everyone of you for doing it. We all have someone close to us that has cancer.

This is my second time around too but the first time I only did it half way which was really disappointing.

I wanna make my family proud about me doing this. And I even have a pedicure booked for after the race.

This is great motivation for me. Thanks. I hope we can keep it going! :heart:
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    :heart: Bump:heart:
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    My new goal is to be able to complete the entire distance of the relay. I'm sure it will take me ALL day, but it will feel great to accomplish.